Axl Just Spotted in NYC Restaurant

brobot

That's kinda weird.... the consensous of the NewYorker is known for his abrupt rudeness or,

so I thought! :drevil:

If I were to maul him in New York, could I play stupid and just say that I'm from Cali and ,

I didn't know any better? :P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'NYC ettiquette'!! now that is funny!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I'm glad you found that amusing.

Some people call it etiquette - some call it respect - but there is an unspoken rule in NYC that you don't bother high-profile actors, musicians or media types in restaurants when they're eating. It's just common courtesy. That's why so many celebs feel comfortable casually dropping by restaurants and bars here without an entourage.

If it wasn't for the fans, they would be serving the food in these restaurants instead of being able to eat there. I don't think it's a lot to sign an autograph or say hello to someone who spends their hard earned money and helps them live the good life. This atitude that us "little people", should "know our place" and not bother our betters is pretty bizarre. There are worse things that can happen to a person than having someone ask for an autograph and telling them they are wonderful. Or maybe just avert our eyes when they enter the restaurant because we are so unworthy?

'NYC ettiquette'!! now that is funny!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I'm glad you found that amusing.

Some people call it etiquette - some call it respect - but there is an unspoken rule in NYC that you don't bother high-profile actors, musicians or media types in restaurants when they're eating. It's just common courtesy. That's why so many celebs feel comfortable casually dropping by restaurants and bars here without an entourage.

If it wasn't for the fans, they would be serving the food in these restaurants instead of being able to eat there. I don't think it's a lot to sign an autograph or say hello to someone who spends their hard earned money and helps them live the good life. This atitude that us "little people", should "know our place" and not bother our betters is pretty bizarre. There are worse things that can happen to a person than having someone ask for an autograph and telling them they are wonderful. Or maybe just avert our eyes when they enter the restaurant because we are so unworthy?

most celebs do relize that and don't mind a autograph or a quick word it's the more intruding fans they object to

That's kinda weird.... the consensous of the NewYorker is known for his abrupt rudeness or,

so I thought! :drevil:

If I were to maul him in New York, could I play stupid and just say that I'm from Cali and ,

I didn't know any better? :P

We are rude, but not all the time. People dont get star struck here as much because, we dont think the stars are better than we are. Plus you see stars all the time, its a whole respect thing to leave them be.

[

Holy Shit. I'm at lunch at PJ Clarkes in midtown Manhattan with my boss and another co-worker. And then in walks Axl. Unbelievable. I would have loved to walk over and do the whole "hey, I'm a huge fan" but was too embarassed to do so in front of my boss. Also, NYC etiquette requires me to ignore celebs / rock stars.

He made no attempt whatsoever to disguise himself; he walked in with shades and then took them off when he sat down. He was with about 4 other people, none of whom I can identify as Merck or a band member. He was drinking a beer and seemed to talk mostly to a bald, Moby-looking guy (but it was not Moby).

I know he's been around town for several months now, so I know this shouldn't be a big deal. But I thought it was really cool.

Holy Shit. I'm at lunch at PJ Clarkes in midtown Manhattan with my boss and another co-worker. And then in walks Axl. Unbelievable. I would have loved to walk over and do the whole "hey, I'm a huge fan" but was too embarassed to do so in front of my boss. Also, NYC etiquette requires me to ignore celebs / rock stars.

He made no attempt whatsoever to disguise himself; he walked in with shades and then took them off when he sat down. He was with about 4 other people, none of whom I can identify as Merck or a band member. He was drinking a beer and seemed to talk mostly to a bald, Moby-looking guy (but it was not Moby).

I know he's been around town for several months now, so I know this shouldn't be a big deal. But I thought it was really cool.

Fuck NYC etiquette :fuckyou:

A quick 'hello' and signing something if a pen was handy is the least a celebrity could do. After all, they're famous because of the fans in the first place.

Fuck NYC etiquette :fuckyou:

A quick 'hello' and signing something if a pen was handy is the least a celebrity could do. After all, they're famous because of the fans in the first place.

:blink: Dunno what happened there.....dunno how to solve it either

So my posts are now being combined??? :question: