3 greatest bands ranked...all in your own opinion

3rd Wheel

Top 3 greatest bands...in your opinion  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please don't yell at me or scream obscene words, phrases or paragraphs at me in a typing manner if I left off a band which you like. I tried to do it by the overall consensus(sp?), and threw in my own personal band(Rush). Now please, vote away and discuss.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

The Rolling Stones-Because no one has done it better for a longer time.

The Beatles-Because they are The Beatles.

Led Zeppelin-Because of the sheer amount of quality material they released, and because they basically were the 70's.

yes rush does rock ready2crachandburn

I always wanted to hear what ODS thought of Rush since he has very good opinions on music and holds passionate love for his fav. band(Rolling Stones), and since he posted...what's your opinion on Rush ODS?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
yes rush does rock ready2crachandburn

I always wanted to hear what ODS thought of Rush since he has very good opinions on music and holds passionate love for his fav. band(Rolling Stones), and since he posted...what's your opinion on Rush ODS?

Well thank you.

The Stones are my favorite band now? :lol: I guess they might be. They were when I was about 7, I guess it's coming around again.

Rush, I could care less about Neil Peart or Geddy Lee for that matter, and how great they are as musicians. The Rush that I enjoy, I enjoy because they are good writers. I like them more on the pop side, "Time Stand Still" or "Spirit Of Radio" for example. The first thing I heard by Rush and really got into was "Freewill", just because of that one section that really grooves (I don't care to attempt to explain it). Nonetheless, Prog is not and will never be my bag, and I doubt I will ever be a heavy Rush listener. But I respect the ear they have for melody.

1. Beatles.

2. Pink Floyd.

3. Led Zeppelin.

Beatles for just being the beatles, pink floyd for exploring all avenues of music, and they were decades ahead of most bands. And led zeppelin cause jimmy page, bonzo, JPJ, and robby plant were all the greatest at their instruments.