Stadium arcadium

JDRM

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leading up to this release I was getting excited. I expected alot from this album. My hopes for this album were it would be more musically accomplished and with a more personal taste.The albums first single release "Dani California" is a formulaic commercial attempt. And a blatant plagered song (check out 'last dance with mary jane - tom petty'). for the most part the album lacks energy, enthuiasim, creativity and unity. It seems the band are staying together to fufill contractual obligations rather than explore musical ones.

I haven't listened to it all yet, maybe 20 of the tracks but i'm pretty keen on it so far, i really like the track stadium arcadium and would say it's my fave so far...

...Plus some of John's guitar work on it sounds blinding.

Leading up to this release I was getting excited. I expected alot from this album. My hopes for this album were it would be more musically accomplished and with a more personal taste.The albums first single release "Dani California" is a formulaic commercial attempt. And a blatant plagered song (check out 'last dance with mary jane - tom petty'). for the most part the album lacks energy, enthuiasim, creativity and unity. It seems the band are staying together to fufill contractual obligations rather than explore musical ones.

So a double album isnt creative?

I think this album far from showcases John's talent as a player.He seems stifled and lacklustre at times.It's just John playing paint by numbers.It lacks the passion and integrity of his solo work.Even in the countless interviews that have followed the release,he seems cut off and distant from the other band members.There seems to be tension in the band from all members judging by their body language.

I chose quality over quantiy anytime.Obviously the bands admission by releasing this double album to fool the fans into thinking they have released a quality album proves just by your own thinking.

Creativity is not about equations and what works in a commercial market.Creativity is about progressing your own musical style and risking new direction not recycling old material that worked in the past.

Rather than breaking new ground like they did in the first few albums they are treading on old safe ground.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I think this album far from showcases John's talent as a player.He seems stifled and lacklustre at times.It's just John playing paint by numbers.It lacks the passion and integrity of his solo work.Even in the countless interviews that have followed the release,he seems cut off and distant from the other band members.There seems to be tension in the band from all members judging by their body language.

I chose quality over quantiy anytime.Obviously the bands admission by releasing this double album to fool the fans into thinking they have released a quality album proves just by your own thinking.

Creativity is not about equations and what works in a commercial market.Creativity is about progressing your own musical style and risking new direction not recycling old material that worked in the past.

Rather than breaking new ground like they did in the first few albums they are treading on old safe ground.

I agree with most of this, for example, John's playing is more frenetic and Hendrixian, but doesn't touch the kind of emotion in a solo like "Californication".

And about "Mary Jane", Axl ripped it off far more in "There Was A Time", my biggest issue with the song.

Snow (Hey Oh)

I don't understand the appeal.

It's extremely catchy and has a great melody and a good solo. Note that this is a "favorite" song thread not a "best" song thread. If this was about the best song on the album, then it wouldn't be the same pick. I think it's just really fun to listen to, more than other songs on the album. "If" is really excellent too.

Snow (Hey Oh)

I don't understand the appeal.

It's extremely catchy and has a great melody and a good solo. Note that this is a "favorite" song thread not a "best" song thread. If this was about the best song on the album, then it wouldn't be the same pick. I think it's just really fun to listen to, more than other songs on the album. "If" is really excellent too.

Yeh its a good song, very catchy. It was the first song i liked on teh first listen.

Favourite songs are; desecration smile, especially in michigan, snow, and turn it again.

Snow (Hey Oh) is really catchy.

I also like Bump de Hump or Hump de Bump (whatever its called)

Slow Cheetah has a good chorus.

It's hard to decide, but I can tell you ---> "Storm In A Teacup" is the best song title lol

I can't get into Descreation Smile or Warlocks. I don't even think I listened to Warlocks :unsure: It's still lameass