The Associated Press reports: GN'R makes a comeback, fans may not.

gunnai

Sandy Cohen of The Associated Press has issued the following report:

With concerts scheduled throughout Europe this summer and its 10-years-in-the-making album slated for release this fall, GUNS N' ROSES appears ready to make its rock 'n' roll comeback.

Does anyone care?

Some clearly do: Tickets for the band's four New York shows, starting Friday at the Hammerstein Ballroom, sold out in a snap. (Exactly which band members would be performing was still unannounced Friday.) Tracks from its long-anticipated album "Chinese Democracy" leaked onto the Internet and caused a frenzy. A surprise radio appearance by GNR frontman Axl Rose stirred up a swirl of online chatter.

Still, rockers at classic haunts along L.A.'s Sunset Strip mostly greeted word of a GUNS N' ROSES comeback with a yawn. Or worse.

Gina Penney, a talent booker at the Strip's Whisky a-Go-Go, where the band played its earliest shows in the '80s, said Rose is old news.

"He really lost it for himself," she said. 'The other guys were taking other projects and keeping themselves visible in the industry, where Axl just became a recluse. I think a lot of people just feel that he's kind of a joke."

Read the entire article at this location:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060512.wgnr0512/BNStory/Entertainment/home

Link:http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=52210

Sorry to post this now while someting amazing is happening in NYC but I just came across it...

Edited by gunnai

That lady is right guys. There are so many bands, much better than old and new GnR playing at the Whisky a-go-go right now it's unbelievable.

The Rock scene, and the music scene as a whole is much better now than ever!

:rolleyes:

Did she take a poll on how many think he's a joke? He's made fun of, sure, but not much of it has to do with him musically...

Still, rockers at classic haunts along L.A.'s Sunset Strip mostly greeted word of a GUNS N' ROSES comeback with a yawn. Or worse.

Maybe that's why they're playing the Hammerstein in NY instead. :tongue2:

I went by there about an hour or so ago, and believe me, no one was yawning!

that chick has the same name as that guy of the o.c

yea she didnt really stretch the age groups out, is she forgetting other places like a high-school. a gym or even the beach. i am sure the lady that said axl is a has been is just cut cause it isnt making the money it used to when axl did gigs there, now it is a rundown shithole.

Indeed

Indeed

the LA scene has been dead longer than Axl has been away, who cares what old ladies in bars have to say about this?

Meh, let her say Axl's a joke. I'd like to see another act sell out 4 shows that fast. Sure, other bands could sell out 4 consecutive shows, but not as fast as Guns N' Roses, no matter what the line-up is.