Is anyone surprised that every new song they played

They player Madagascar, The Blues, Chinese Democracy, Better, TWAT, and IRS. We've heard all of these either live in 2002 or on the net. Woner if they will unleash any other new tunes at the other NY shows. Hopefully they add Civil War to the setlist too...love that goddamn song.

yeh, i think it was quite supising that the new songs they did (ie new songs that weren't in the '02 tour like irs n twat) were the leaked ones that we've heard, as apose to more new material from the album that we havn't heard.

maybe they thought it would go down better, i dunno...

No, I didn't think we'd hear something new... we already have half the album as it is, why put out another song to be passed around the internet before the album's out?... after CD is released I'm sure we'll hear the new material

The fact that they are playing IRS Bettrer and TWAT just makes me think that somebody from the GNR camp leaked the songs intentionally.

I agree with this, just to much of a coincidence.

And im very happy with what they played. I mean come on, they played three song (even though we have already heard them through the leaks) that they havent ever played live before. Also play CD, The Blues and Madagascar. Come on, thats fucking great.

I honestly didnt think they would break out that many on THE FIRST NIGHT.

And they are playing four warm up shows, anyone else think they might just be testing out different new songs during these four shows to see which ones get the better crwod reaction, and the ones that go over best live?? It wouldnt surprise me if they broke out at least two more new songs before these warm up shows are done.

I still don't think the leaks were intentional. I think the leaks were played because playing yet more new songs could potentially make the whole album available on the net.

I think we'll get one new song at Rio.

R.

I still don't think the leaks were intentional. I think the leaks were played because playing yet more new songs could potentially make the whole album available on the net.

I think we'll get one new song at Rio.

R.

Precisely, if they play all the new songs we haven't heard yet then there will be less reason to buy the album :laugh:

If the live performance last night is any indication, which I believe it is, then the band is in top form and the live recordings might end up being favoured by some more than the studio cuts. Provided better recordings turn up, which they will sooner or later, then a setlist of material we mostly haven't heard yet bootlegged all around the world might do something to preclude album sales, at least at first. We have a lot to look forward to! Let's just enjoy what Axl gives us in his own time.

I don't think he wants to let the cat totally out of the bag just yet. Hopefully he can retain some control over the distribution of his own material before the birds start circling...

Stop to consider: we're fucking with his livelihood here, not just our own gratification. Peace!

C'mon, that was so clear those songs were to be leaked. And ... bang! What a surprise exactly the leaked ones IRS, TWAT & Better were played... Of course Axl & the crew knew about them being leaked.

Another question: Did they play Better the way the leak was? With that heavy Bridge & the Solo?!

wasn't to surprised. I don't think Axl want's the whole cd floating out on the net before it's even released. he played songs we heard in 02 and songs that were leaked. We should all be glad the band is playing shows.