May 15 Hammerstein Show

madison

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back. Here's a very quick review because I have to leave for my flight in 2.5 hours..

-no sunglasses in WTTJ opening

-the stage seemed to stretch a bit farther in the crowd than last night (mabye someone else can confirm this)

-superb setlist

-better, madagascar, irs, chinese democracy

-Axl talked often between songs

-just like last night, there was many times where more house lignt on Axl would have been better, especially when he is walking on the 'upper level'

-professionnal crew photographs taking pictures and video

Went to the concert with forum members Montrealer and JALP, we had lots of fun.

Tonight's concert was fantastic and I consider myself very lucky to have seen it.

I won't be in NYC on may 17th, but I am looking forward to attending many more GNR concerts.

Axl is right, NYC is a great city,

Eric

Wow, sounds like another amazing show, just as I expect or should I say we all expected rock3 ....I'll try by best to go Wednesday :wub: again!!!!!..........great quick review man "Admin" :krider: ..btw did you trade the ticket or were you on the floor section? rock1

Kannon.

That concert was amazing, his voice was flawless and it looked like the band was having a lot of fun. They were animated the whole time and Axl was really interactive with the crowd. This was the concert we all dreamed about.

It also made me realize that even with the "new" band members, that they rock just as hard as the old days.

That concert was amazing, his voice was flawless and it looked like the band was having a lot of fun. They were animated the whole time and Axl was really interactive with the crowd. This was the concert we all dreamed about.

It also made me realize that even with the "new" band members, that they rock just as hard as the old days.

Well put, and I agree.

rock1 They fucking rocked. I was under fink when he flew into the crowd. It was fucking amaznig. I never expeced to get that inot it. Based on that show this band has the potential to be as great as the old GNr. The crowd was electric adn amazing. rock2

Not sure if it was mentioned, but this guy:

http://www.shakerleg.com/

Actually came on FIRST, before BFMV.

I'm assuming that's why the stage stretched a bit further into the crowd tonight (others think the same)...his drum rig was on that little "peninsula" when we came into the venue.

We serenaded him by calling him "vin diesel" and asking when "pacifier 2" was coming out. Of course, we were on 2nd mezz and I doubt he could hear us over the chorus of boos.

The show was awesome. My only complaint was that the Hammerstein sound system seems to have a feedback problem with sounds over a certain pitch. And no..it wasn't just Axl...because the same problem reared it's head during the house music and BFMV (though, with Bullet, who the fuck could tell).

Edited by pilferk

' date='May 15 2006, 11:24 PM' post='1288184']

I'll have to set my alarm clock at 5 AM! AGAIN! :)

My boyfriend couldn't belive when I told him I got up at 5 AM just to read the updates on this forum!

I have the same problem :anger:

We all have similar problems :rofl-lol: Big Ol' European GNR Fan Base rock3 :xmassrudolph:

[m.]

Allright!!!! Europe rules!!!! rock1

Fuck, did I miss BFMV already?

my friend sent me some audio from the BFMV show but it's not very good quality and they get drowned out by all the people booing them.

Fuck yeah!!!! Thats awesome to hear the diehard GNR fans booing those fuckers! They didnt deserve to open for GNR to begin with. They should fucking stick to opening for emo and fucking pop bands.

And FUCK that motherfucker Dark Star legend for having those fucking shirts. Get the Fuck outta here u hooray for tolerance!! If u like Bullets for my gay valentine that im gonna say that i Fuck You, since i hate all of those fucking emo/screamo hooray for tolerance!s.

Um, do you suppose for a moment that Axl himself may have selected those 'emo/screamo hooray for tolerance!s' to open his show? Why so much hatred, bro? Have a cupcake.

No way AXL would never pick them. Im pretty sure it was the management or the label i guess, since i heard that BFMV are under the same label or something.

Fuck, the reason i hate those type of people is beause of the dudes i associate with and live with. 1st of all i play in this band and everyone in that band is mostly punk and heavy metal types of dudes like headbangers and they hate everything which is popular or mainstream, since they sellout to make money and dont give a shit about music. Its simple, emos r not allowed at our shows and no one likes them. Besides rock n' roll is all about being toughass, like get the fuck outta my way type and emos just pussy.

And besides theose emo fags suck, i mean look at the way they dress, look at the music they listen to, whats not to hate? And trust its not just me who hates them, everyone i know hates them at my high school; theyre rejected by the punks, rock n' roll dudes and the headbangers, so fuck them, no one likes them.

your so fucking gay it's not funny, america is so sad!, really it is, everyone needs a group to belong to ! be your own person fag!....stand on your own 2 feet!.

Damn right!!