axl qoutes!

aussie_axl

Just random stuff, just storys about GNR in new york, and how we "the crowd" were the die hards because we got tickets to the first two orignal shows. As well he kept bringing up how he talked to Izzy about stuff and NYC. He also said that Better was a robin song.

that is pretty messed up, he always says something to diss the previous nites crowd, at the beginning of the 14th show, he said that crowd was better then the Friday crowd, I actually felt somewhat offended as I was at the Friday show,,, I wonder what he is going to say Wedensday to praise that crowd and somewhat diss the other nites fans....

that is pretty messed up, he always says something to diss the previous nites crowd, at the beginning of the 14th show, he said that crowd was better then the Friday crowd, I actually felt somewhat offended as I was at the Friday show,,, I wonder what he is going to say Wedensday to praise that crowd and somewhat diss the other nites fans....

Boo-fucking-hoo!! :fuckyou:

Singers and frontmen do that to make the crowd they're performing to feel special...

Singers and frontmen do that to make the crowd they're performing to feel special...

yeah dude, just like we tell new girlfriends they're so much better than other past girls :rolleyes:

Kannon.

yeah dude, just like we tell new girlfriends they're so much better than other past girls :rolleyes:

Kannon.

:P you cant really compare those two things...

but its true though, if you want a great reaction from the crowd, you tell them they're the best crowd youve ever performed to...

it might not be true, but you get good reactions...

Kannon.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kannon.

:rofl-lol: rofl thats true! they get pissed if you dont say they're better! thats the same prospect with Axl and the fans :krider: great POV Kannon :laugh:

JamieViolent.

Kannon.

:rofl-lol:

Think about it...do you really think that the Japanese crowd on the Tokyo dvd's where "the loudest crowd so far"...

But didn't he say "the loudest crowd so far here"? =P

Yes, because they had play the day before in the same arena or something.

Yeah, the played three nights at the Tokyo Dome and the third was released for the two UYI videos. =)

Axl has always done a "*cough* bullshit *cough*" type thing during Patience. Watch the Tokyo DVD (if it's not Tokyo, it's Chicago 92, only two I have). It's nothing new.

He has not always done it. The only time I've seen him do the "cough" thing is in Tokyo. I think that in Chicago he mime "No Way" after singing "I sit her on the stairs cause I rather be alone". =)

But I'd love to see he do that whe I see them.

Guest cherry_bomb
Axl has always done a "*cough* bullshit *cough*" type thing during Patience. Watch the Tokyo DVD (if it's not Tokyo, it's Chicago 92, only two I have). It's nothing new.

yeah im sure none of us have never noticed that :drevil:

Kannon.

exactly !

He has not always done it. The only time I've seen him do the "cough" thing is in Tokyo. I think that in Chicago he mime "No Way" after singing "I sit her on the stairs cause I rather be alone". =)

Wasn´t it duff who "cough" the first time, and then Axl made some sort of static joke of it?

Wasn´t it duff who "cough" the first time, and then Axl made some sort of static joke of it?

No Axl did it first, and then a drunken Duff did the same thing :P

I like when he sings "... and please remember that I always lied" on Don't Cry! Think it was Chicago '92 or something...

some dude on HTGTH posted these:
p.s. - Axl quotes that I can remember (they're not perfect transcriptions) -

After the song when Robin jumped into the crowd, Axl said he'd gone over to ask him if he was okay, 'and Robin said 'This is what I live for.'

Axl did mention that he had heard from Izzy, and that Izzy had wished him good luck with the show, and that 'New York's where it's always been about, hasn't it..' Or something along those lines. He said a few times that 'New York has always been good to us.'

When introducing Baz, he stuttered a bit while saying 'short notice,' and proceeded to mock himself, saying 'shnort sotice, nort shortice, etc.etc.' for a little while.

At some point he said something, jokingly apparently, about how he had low self-esteem and felt insecure.

He repeatedly said 'you guys are the motherfucking die-hards who buy tickets in the first three minutes' or something along those lines.

He did cough out a 'bullshit' or two during 'Patience...' Apparently he's not quite the romantic he used to be:-) Must be a bit weird to disagree with your own song after a while. I forget exactly which lines he said it after...

Axl told some little story...can't remember it exactly...and at the end of it he said 'That's the kind of shit that happens when you're a band. And it's taken us eight years to be a band, but here we are.'

*things I forgot*:

Axl mentioned that he'd talked to Lars, Lars from Metallica, I assume. I remember reading that Lars said he really liked Madagascar when he heard it at the VMAs...after Axl mentioned talking to Lars, the band busted into Maddy. Maybe that's what they talked about.

Also, Axl said, again, that Better was a Robin song. And that the lyrics he'd written 'fit.' He said he heard it, and decided to call it the 'Better' Song, as sort of a smart-ass move. "Axl Rose being a smart ass, who would've thought, *chuckle chuckle." I sort of got the vibe that he was talking about Robin being better than Slash...but that's only my inference

J.Walker

thanks bad, your on fire with the news today!.

I like when he sings "... and please remember that I always lied" on Don't Cry! Think it was Chicago '92 or something...

Yeah, he sung that in Stockholm in '93 too =)