What people have mistaken

Son Of A Gun

Everybody seems to be whinging ahead of time how they play only 3-4-5new songs and that there is a big lack of new material. What they haven't taken a look at is that this is just a tour...it is not the Chinese Democracy tour yet. Axl hasn't announced this to be a Chinese Democracy tour so obviously they won't play the songs yet. I do believe that when they officially announce a Chinese Democracy tour and start it, they will be hitting the venues with a choc full of their own stuff then, but until then people need to realise they won't play much new stuff until then.

Everybody seems to be whinging ahead of time how they play only 3-4-5new songs and that there is a big lack of new material. What they haven't taken a look at is that this is just a tour...it is not the Chinese Democracy tour yet. Axl hasn't announced this to be a Chinese Democracy tour so obviously they won't play the songs yet. I do believe that when they officially announce a Chinese Democracy tour and start it, they will be hitting the venues with a choc full of their own stuff then, but until then people need to realise they won't play much new stuff until then.

i agree cuz then it would just be like leaks and the thing you have to realize is people wanna here new music but i have to say i havent hered any whinging

Why are people bitching so much. I was on a shitty link and the end sounded normal. We should allow the people that were there to critique the show. All most of us can do is bitch about the internet shit. So what if they only played 3 new songs. The energy looked good and the crowd seemed to dig it.

thank you. im now starting to realize that these fuckers on this site are always gonna find something to bitch about. just enjoy that there out, and when the new cd comes out, things will be different.

You're forgetting that 2002 was a Chinese Democracy world tour (according to Boston promos and press releases). He may not have said that this time around, but everyone knows where the band is right now and what they've been working on. It's not like Axl dropping the name "Chinese Democracy" would cause a lot of people to say, "Huh?" Everyone who goes to a GN'R concert knows the history behind CD to some extent, and is expecting to hear stuff from it.

I admit that I am guilty of overanalyzing everything GNR as anyone; but tonite I told a casual fan/friend of mine to tune in to the end of the show tonite and he thought it was amazing. He is so pumped to see GNR when they come through. Maybe we have to just chill and accept these guys as who they are; which is a kick ass rocking band. Just a thought.

As long as they play huh?.........Whoop-de-fuckin-do, I see a 2002 tour all over again, This was RIR5 they had the perfect chance in front of millions to do something more and really set it off but didn't. Axl looked great the band sounded great and he knows people wanted a glimps of is what to come of GNR... even a mention of the new album would have been great. IMO Axl need to let these guys spread their wings and not so much of the classic guns, it's cool to hear, but not 85% of the set. I would have been impressed with more covers so some the new guy's can get out of the shadows of the old band. The Concert was fine I just expected more, with the hype of GNR going at it again in 2006.

Many on these forums expect/ demand that new shit should be released and played on this tour, but you lack the critical thinking to understand why it might not be. We are all die hards. We live for this and have all listened endlessly to the leaks and watched every move of the new guns for years. But what many fail to understand is that this is just the beginning. To most of the world, they haven't heard much of this if any at all.

People need to get out of the selfishness of "Axl owes us" and understand that Axl will give us what we all want, but this is a staged plan. Europe traditionally loves GNR unconditionally and this tour will placate them, with the taste of a couple of new songs. What they are doing is priming for the next time they get back, where they will play more from CD, likely after it's release.

Also, they are warming up for the most important part of the tour, North America. North Americans are very fickle and have long memories when it comes to GNR. They don't forgive the fact that Slash is not there very easily. But see, this is where the plan really comes into play. CD will be released in the fall as said by Axl on Trunk. This will coincide with the US tour, and will be a huge comeback. All the buzz from Europe and the new single coupled with the anticipation of many fans that GNR will be coming to a city near them, will catapult them back into the top of the charts and hearts of rock fans.

I wish more people would really think about the big picture, not about a bum note in a solo of a song played by a new member but created by the previous band. We will get what we want. Have some patience. Axl has a lot at stake to make this new band and his vision for GNR important in history. This band and subsequent tours and albums (remember, there are 3 apparently) will go on for 2-3 years I assume.

This post isn't meant as a diss to people, but we all seem to get so caught up in the day to day "small stuff" This isn't 2002 and it won't be a repeat. But we're only at the start.

For those that disagree with my comments, please feel free to tell my why I am wrong.

Axl actually is playing new stuff, up to 8 songs at any given show. I'm confused by the critque of them not playing any new stuff, we may have heard 4 songs years ago, but they still haven't been on an album, so they are new. I'm suprised they are playing that many when the album may only consist of 13 songs.

My only critque was that they didn't put the album, or at least a single, or at very least a release date for the album before launching a world tour. People are saying how leaks are hurting the suprise of the album, well, live they are playing even more songs.

I really don't understand why with this much of CD being played live [sure, some may end up on it's follow up, but still] why the album isn't a go yet?

Axl actually is playing new stuff, up to 8 songs at any given show. I'm confused by the critque of them not playing any new stuff, we may have heard 4 songs years ago, but they still haven't been on an album, so they are new. I'm suprised they are playing that many when the album may only consist of 13 songs.

My only critque was that they didn't put the album, or at least a single, or at very least a release date for the album before launching a world tour. People are saying how leaks are hurting the suprise of the album, well, live they are playing even more songs.

I really don't understand why with this much of CD being played live [sure, some may end up on it's follow up, but still] why the album isn't a go yet?

The album isn't a go yet because they need to build the momentum to drop it at precisely the most "receptive" time. They aren't there yet. They're just warming up. It's Marketing 101.

The album isn't a go yet because they need to build the momentum to drop it at precisely the most "receptive" time. They aren't there yet. They're just warming up. It's Marketing 101.

Which is anytime after 2002.

6 songs on in the set list! Maddy, CD, irs, the blues, better, twat. Of a 13 song album that was the best kept secret in rock? how is it marketing 101 to play half the album live, assuming Oh my god, silkworms aren't on the album.

it's marketing 101 to play 3/4 of an album without releasing it? Okay....really. I thought releasing a killer single, begin touring europe then album by the time they hit america might make more sense.

good post.

To a common fan that is unaware of the boots and coming to see gnr, the setlists they have been playing so far are just fine until CD comes out.

Switching in a few Illusion songs until fall would be cool.

The album isn't a go yet because they need to build the momentum to drop it at precisely the most "receptive" time.

Same ol' excuses. We've had over a decade of waiting. If the album really is ready to go, put it fuckin' out there already. He has the Guns n' Roses name and the mystique of Chinese Democracy for "marketing 101".

If the new material is good, it'll win over old fans and gain some new ones. What's Axl so afraid of? Does he have faith in this new band and their music?

Which is anytime after 2002.

6 songs on in the set list! Maddy, CD, irs, the blues, better, twat. Of a 13 song album that was the best kept secret in rock? how is it marketing 101 to play half the album live, assuming Oh my god, silkworms aren't on the album.

it's marketing 101 to play 3/4 of an album without releasing it? Okay....really. I thought releasing a killer single, begin touring europe then album by the time they hit america might make more sense.

The fact that they may play 6 new songs (usually less) in a night factored into what their master plan is, means they are confident in the strength of the remaining material on the album to carry it through until the next time they come around. Let's not get into a Marketing 101 pissing match. 6/13 isn't 3/4 last time I checked. Why would you release and single in your most important market, then not be there to tour it in conjuction. That's why they're waiting.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

The critical thinkers don't dwell in a section antithetical to critical thinking.

I thought releasing a killer single, begin touring europe then album by the time they hit america might make more sense.

I reckon you might be right. I also reckon anyone with any common sense whatsoever would agree with you.

At this point I'm starting to think Axl is going out of his way to make this NOT work.

It's so, so, so, SO incredibly rare to still have such a strong following after such a long absence...most musicians would be lucky to have half as large a fanbase at this point...he seems to be taking advantage of it. With all the hype after the leaks and the tour announcements and RS interview - it would have been so easy for him to drop a single, start a world tour and release the album. And so far he's taken no initiative. More "it's coming out this year" promises with no exact date and another 2002 tour - a tour that isn't supporting an album.

Luckily for him Europe loves GN'R more than the US (I lived there and they are considered classic rock whereas when I'm in US it seems like they're more often scoffed at and disregarded for some reason) - so it will be easy to fill the stadiums - but if he doesn't have an album out by the time he begins the American tour, he's fucked.

People just need to find other constructive things to do instead of spendin 95% of their time waiting for concerts, and Chinese Demcoracy.

I just don't understand how I enjoyed a GnR concert so much, but other people just plain hate it. <_<

Though im pretty sure it has to do with personal opinions and grudges rather than actually allowing themselves to enjoy somthing.

The album isn't a go yet because they need to build the momentum to drop it at precisely the most "receptive" time.

Same ol' excuses. We've had over a decade of waiting. If the album really is ready to go, put it fuckin' out there already. He has the Guns n' Roses name and the mystique of Chinese Democracy for "marketing 101".

If the new material is good, it'll win over old fans and gain some new ones. What's Axl so afraid of? Does he have faith in this new band and their music?

Axl understands that he needs to rebuild the relationship many people with GNR but waned as they faded away from the spotlight with all the changes.