Jim Carroll

Vincent Vega

Hey

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of or listened to the poet/musician Jim Carroll but if you haven't, you're really missing out. You should read his book, the Basketball Diaries. It's his autobiography and it paints a realistic and gritty portrayal of a street hood/poet/heroin addict trying to find something pure in his life, and also the movie based on the book shows how he overcame his addiction and the success he found when he was clean.

Jim Carroll is a genius. william s burroughs n jack kerouac sang his praises as a writer, what more can u say? he's lauded as the voice of youth in certain circles n his band, the jim carroll band made THE most underrated music ever. wrote some wonderfully insightful NY-tinge poetry. i reccomend the songs people who died, city drops into night and i want the angel. Patti Smith once introduced him as "the person who taught me to be a poet". i love the guy!