Today's Rock Scene

slash06

Im just curious to know what other people think of the state of rock music today. I think its kinda sad. You got the butt rock like Nickelback, tons of crappy emo bands, and dime a dozen boring metal bands. There doesnt seem to be any great new bands. All the good music is coming from well established acts.

Im just curious to know what other people think of the state of rock music today. I think its kinda sad. You got the butt rock like Nickelback, tons of crappy emo bands, and dime a dozen boring metal bands. There doesnt seem to be any great new bands. All the good music is coming from well established acts.

wolfmother, kings of leon, buckcherry, avenged sevenfold, hot hot heat, libertines, strokes, the darkness, arctic monkeys, audioslave, velvet revolver, bloc party, dallas crane, the mars volta, white stripes, yeah yeah yeahs, postal service, modest mouse.

Nope im quite satisfied, and extremely appreciative of today's blossoming rock scene. Too bad the radio will never play it.

I'm not exactly all for the new bands....but they have a few good songs, three days grace is "Ok" and so

is trapt, and shinedown...they could be better and not try to remake awesome songs like "Simple Man" by lynyrd skynyrd.

But...nickelback their songs just get radio burned (played to much).

Anyone wonder if like 20 years from now our kids will be listening to the bands of 2000?

wolfmother, kings of leon, buckcherry, avenged sevenfold, hot hot heat, libertines, strokes, the darkness, arctic monkeys, audioslave, velvet revolver, bloc party, dallas crane, the mars volta, white stripes, yeah yeah yeahs, postal service, modest mouse.

Nope im quite satisfied, and extremely appreciative of today's blossoming rock scene. Too bad the radio will never play it.

All of those bands, sans VR, and maybe Wolfmither, suck major ass.

Cool, you may not like them. But theres no doubt they are all talented bands, and your just too spoilt when it comes to music.

^

Wow. You're 14, and your name is 'metalgroupie'.

On-topic: Todays rockscene is fine, you gotta look a little bit deeper than the mainstream.

My point exactly... Just cause nickleback is the only rock band they play on the radio(tonight at work i rekon i heard them 8 times during my 6 hour shift) doesnt mean you have to generalise the whole music scene to cow shit.

^

And again, someone who thinks i'm too young to know what the f*ck

I'm talking about. Besides, what do you care if my name

is metal groupie? How do you know if i'm the one who even

typed it it.

Yea, i've looked deeper than the "main stream" of rock...anti-flag, and a bunch

of others are pretty good. My brother's 20 pound cd case is full of underground

rock...

anyone heard of dropkick murpheys? their song United we stand Divided we fall

is alright actually.

^

typed it it.

rock...

is alright actually.

dropkick murpheys and anti flag are cool

i love todays "scene"

i like a lot of bands

sue me.

^

typed it it.

rock...

is alright actually.

Well its your username. But I dont care.

Dropkick Murpheys is alright, my bud once gave me a listen of them.

Thank you.

By the way I do look beyond the mainstream, but lets remember its the shitty music they play on the radio and tv thats always in your grill. I just wish there was more shit in mainstream, that isnt annoying as shit.

Edited by slash06

Todays rock scene is verry poor compared to what it has been. Record labels dont seem too interested interested in anybody that has guitar solos in their songs, I hear that lesser and lesser evey year it seems. As a lead guitarist thats kinda depressing, I would like to think theres room for me out there some day.

But bands like Disturbed are good, I really like 10,00 fists. So not every thing sucks these days, rock just seems like its at a low that I think it will come out of in the future. Seriously, how much longer can hip-hop dominate the music industry?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I don't really give a damn about today or it's Rock scene.

Are you a hippy?

If you want me to be.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Are you a hippy?

If you want me to be.

Id prefer you were a lady. :kiss:

My penis says that's impossible, but if you want to think of me as a hippy, go ahead.

Are you a hippy?

If you want me to be.

Id prefer you were a lady. :kiss:

My penis says that's impossible, but if you want to think of me as a hippy, go ahead.

You have a penis...right...i'll have to redirect you to JDRM.