Anybody know the real reason why Finck switched over to GNR from NIN?

LiveWire315

I'm a huge fan of both bands, just saw NIN live last night, and I've been wondering this for some time. I mean knowing Axl's band was on the decline in terms of popularity when he joined, was it just for money reasons, or were there creative differences with Trent, or both? I really think that GNR will have to try very hard to outdo the NIN show, anyone that has seen them this tour can agree with me here.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
What? :huh:

I'm sure that if it was up to anyone other than Axl Chinese Democracy would have come out long ago and Robin would not be playing 20 year old songs. :huh:

He is right you know.

here's an extract from an interview with Robin from Spring 2000 where he talks about the hiatus between NIN albums and what did he do in that period, and one of those side projects was Guns N' Roses..

RD: The Downward Spiral came out in '94 and The Fragile in '99. The tours are long, but is it hard for a musician to take a five-year hiatus between albums?

RF: Well, actually, when Trent was doing the record I was touring with Cirque De Soleil, playing guitar with them. It was a completely polar opposite experience for me compared to NIN. I was with them for about a year and a half. I got a call from Axl (Rose), we've been working on a record, but I will doubt that will come out any time soon. The drummer in A Perfect Circle (John Freese) was also working with us. That's basically what I was doing while Trent was doing The Fragile. I had kept in touch with Danny, Trent and Charlie (Clouser) and my work was through with Axl. My time with Axl was up. I was excited to come back to NIN. It was right for me. It was right for Trent. The timing was uncanny.

At first I think he was up to anything that could come up when he was taking a break from NIN, and Axl happened to call him so he accepted, but then after the US Fragile tour when he went back with Trent, I think he had a fight or he didn't end in good terms with Trent so he left for good and came back to GnR.. maybe someone else can elaborate more on this, but as of now I think he's not to pleased if you talk to him about Trent and NIN at the shows.. :book:

Edited by angel of music

Guest Matt13
I'm guessing that Robin wanted to play his own guitar parts rather than interpreting someone else’s

Whoops!

You're still here? Ran out of Slash posters to hang up on your ceiling and ripped up Lee jeans lined in neon to fit around your waist?

Anyway, such an ignorant post for somebody that calls his computer screen with this forum pulled up, home. You of all people should know there's "three albums worth of material in the can" when you're not bashing Axl or GNR.

I'm guessing that Robin wanted to play his own guitar parts rather than interpreting someone else’s

Whoops!

You're still here? Ran out of Slash posters to hang up on your ceiling and ripped up Lee jeans lined in neon to fit around your waist?

Anyway, such an ignorant post for somebody that calls his computer screen with this forum pulled up, home. You of all people should know there's "three albums worth of material in the can" when you're not bashing Axl or GNR.

I wouldn't worry. he's already been told more than once not to post in the GNR section by the mods. He'll get himself banned :xmasssanta: rock3

Guest Matt13
Seriously, you really suck at witty repartee. :laugh:

You're right. And if I could suck my own dick, I'd never leave the house. But, I do see the sunshine quite a bit. What's your excuse? I assume you live in a bubble, obsessed with things you hate and can't control. I mean, you obviously hate GNR for what it is today. You know what? I'm not a big fan of Brittany Spears (nice rack, I'll giver her that), but I don't waste my time on her forum letting her fans know all about why I don't like her or her music.

So that means you have no existence outside of mommy's house (and subsequent use of her computer). Does that mean you can suck your own dick? Or, do you spread peanut butter on Willy and the twins and let mommy's dog go to town?

Enlighten us, Obie Wan :rolleyes:

I'm not a big fan of Brittany Spears (nice rack, I'll giver her that), but I don't waste my time on her forum letting her fans know all about why I don't like her or her music.

Maybe you should.

You seem to be a very angry young man, and that could be a good place to direct some of it. :)

Guest Matt13
I'm not a big fan of Brittany Spears (nice rack, I'll giver her that), but I don't waste my time on her forum letting her fans know all about why I don't like her or her music.

Maybe you should.

You seem to be a very angry young man, and that could be a good place to direct some of it. :)

Awwww... he who comes from mommy's house down under is trying to play the mature and responsible card... isn't that cute :rofl-lol:

Hey, Dances with Peanut Butter, I bet you're wearing out mommy's refresh key just waiting to 'outwit' me :rofl-lol:

Doesn't that tell you something about your life? I mean, really :blink:

See, I'm doing it because I ran out of peanut butter and the dog is a little worn out. So, you're like easy prey for some entertainment... thanks for playing along!

Now, I'm going to fill you in on a little secret. I know, I know... you'll wonder why nobody here told you about this place before. We all know your command center... herrrrrrhummmm.... mommy's command center is set up with multiple monitors all keyed in on different parts of this forum as you anxiously await the next GNR fan or fact to attack on this forum (the more I think about it, WTF do you do for a living? Do you really understand you have some sort of psychiatric problem with your hate obsession for Axl Rose and GNR?).

Anyway, back to the secret... you can thank me later. Send me some peanut butter:

www.VELVETREVOLVER.com

Okay, yea, that sounds pretty exciting, doesn't it? Almost as exciting as that time mommy put that green plant inside your bubble. Just be advised not to take it all in too quickly.

(Fucking tool :lol: )

Matt13 : owned! :lol:

Robin is in Axl's band because Axl pays better than Reznor. That's my opinion.

Ferrari: The 'Geek Squad' is looking for a few good men. 'Owned'? It's a computer screen, dude :rolleyes: Now go steal some kids lunch money and make yourself feel like you 'Owned' something.

:rofl-lol:

I dont know what everyones bitching about, I found this quite funny and Im a neutral GnR/Vr fan...

Whoops!

ha i laughed too.....seems Matt13 lost battle of wits before he even started..

Whoops!

I wouldn't worry. he's already been told more than once not to post in the GNR section by the mods. He'll get himself banned :xmasssanta: rock3

Maybe you wanna actually start posting something relevant to the topic rathere than try to moderate this forum, there are too many assholes like you on here, people should be allowed to post there opinion without a power hungry internet bitch like you jumping all over them.

Whoops!

Maybe you wanna actually start posting something relevant to the topic rathere than try to moderate this forum, there are too many assholes like you on here, people should be allowed to post there opinion without a power hungry internet bitch like you jumping all over them.

someone fell off the turnip and went all hypocritical, criticizing other people's criticism when thier just restating what a moderator has said

my friend, there's a difference between "standing up for newbs" and just "dealing with assholes", dead flowers isn't a newb, just an ignorant asshole