WHEN DID GNR PERFORM WHAT SONGS LIVE?

The Sandman

Admins, mods, etc.

An overhaul of the 'WHEN DID GNR PERFORM WHAT SONGS LIVE?' thread has taken place, with spelling mistakes and song history corrected.

The original thread is Here

And the overhaul follows, not particularly drastic in most areas, but worthy corrections.:

Appetite For Destruction:

- Welcome to the Jungle

This song has been part of almost every setlist since 1986, for both the old and the new gnr.

- It's So Easy

This song has been part of almost every setlist since 1986, for both the old and the new gnr.

- Nightrain

- Out Ta Get Me

This was played a lot in 1986, 1987 and 1988. In 1991 and 1992 it was occasionally played, and in 1993 it disappeared completely from the setlist. In 2001 and 2002 it was part of almost every show again. It has appeared too for virtually all the 2006 appearnaces

- Mr. Brownstone

- Paradise City

- My Michelle

This song was played a lot from 1986 until the end of 1991. After that it was only played on a few occasions. In 2001 and 2002 it was part of almost every show again. During 2006, it has been played at virtually every show, with Sebastian Bach often guesting with Axl on Vocals.

- Think About You

This song was only played by the original gnr in 1986. In 2001 and 2002 it was part of almost every show again. During 2006, it has been played infrequently, but always with Izzy guesting with Axl.

- Sweet Child O' Mine

- You're Crazy

The Appetite For Destruction version of this song was played a lot in the 80’s. In 1991 it was also played a few times. In 1992 it completely disappeared from the setlist. It’s been played once by the new Gn’R on the 05.19.06, at the Plumm club in a rare acoustic set, although it’s said to be played closer to the Lies version.

- Anything Goes

This song was played pretty often in 1986 and 1987, but never again after that. It has never been played by the new Guns n’ Roses.

- Rocket Queen

This song was played in almost every show from 1986 up to the first half of 1992. Then it disappeared from the setlist. In 2001 and 2002 is way once again played in about every show. During 2006, it has been played sporadically.

GnR Lies:

- Reckless Life

This song was performed in almost every show in 1986 and 1987. There was one know performance from 1988, and 3 more performences in 1993. The new gnr has never played it either.

- Nice Boys

This song was only played a few times in 1986 and 1987. After that it disappeared from the setlist until 1993. In that year it was occasionally played. The new gnr has never played it.

- Move To The City

This song was played pretty often from 1986 up to 1992. After that it disappeared from the setlist. The new gnr has never played it either.

- Mama Kin

This song was played a lot in the 80’s. In the 90’s however, the only performed it on 06-06-1992, together with Aerosmith. The new gnr has never played it.

- Patience

This song was played very often from 1987 up to 2006.

- Used To Love Her

This song was played pretty often in 1987, 1988 and 1991. In 1992 it disappeared from the setlist, but it returned as a regular song in 1993. The New Gn’R has played it on a few occasions – currently 4, including the acoustic set at the Plumm Club.

- You're Crazy

The Appetite For Destruction version of this song was played a lot in the 80’s. In 1991 it was also played a few times. In 1992 it completely disappeared from the setlist. However in 1993 the acoustic version found on Gnr Lies returned as a regular part of the setlist. It’s been played once by the new Gn’R on the 05.19.06, at the Plumm club in a rare acoustic set, although it’s said to be played closer to the Lies version.

- One In A Million

This song was played live twice. On 10.30.87 and on 01.31.88. It has never been played by the new Gn’R.

Use Your Illusion I

- Right Next Door To Hell

This song has only been played live in the year 1991. It was a regular part of the setlist then. The new gnr has never played it.

- Dust N' Bones

This song was played live for the first time in 1989. In 1991 it was a regular part of the setlist, until Izzy left the band. After that they have never played it again.

- Live And Let Die

This song was played in almost ever show in the 90’s, and in almost every new gnr show.

- Don't Cry (Original)

This song was played in almost every show from 1986 up to 1993. The new gnr however, have never played it. However, new guitarist Ron Thal has taken to playing it during his solo, and have the crowd sing along.

- Perfect Crime

This song has only been played live in 1991 and 1992. It was a regular part of the setlist then. The new gnr has never played it either.

- You Ain't The First

This song was only played a few times in 1991. In 1993 it was a regular part of the setlist. The new gnr has never played it.

- Bad Obsession

This song was played in almost ever show in the 90’s. The new gnr has never played it.

- Back Off Bitch

Back Off Bitch was played live pretty often in 1986. After that, just one more time on 06.07.91. The new gnr has never played it.

- Double Talkin' Jive

This song was played in almost ever show in the 90’s. The new gnr has never played it.

- November Rain

This song was played in almost ever show in the 90’s, and in almost every new gnr show.

- The Garden

This song has only been played live in the year 1993. It was a regular part of the setlist then. The new gnr has never played it.

- Garden Of Eden

Garden Of Eden was played only 3 times. Namely 02.23.93, 02.25.93 and 03.08.93. The new gnr has never played it.

- Don't Damn Me

This song has never been played live.

- Bad Apples

Bad Apples has only been played live once. This was on 23-04-1991 at Rock In Rio II. The new gnr has never played it.

- Dead Horse

This song was only played a few times in 1991. In 1993 it was a regular part of the setlist. The new gnr has never played it.

- Coma

Coma was played live only 3 times. Namely 06.04.91, 02.19.92 and 04.09.92. Perhaps it was also played a fourth time on 04.10.93 The new gnr has never played it.

Use Your Illusion II

- Civil War

This song was part of almost every 1991 and 1992 show. They also performed it a few times in 1993. The new gnr has never played it.

- 14 Years

This song has only been played live in 1991. After Izzy left the band, this song was never played again.

- Yesterdays

This song was played regularly in the 90’s. The new gnr has never played it.

- Knockin' On Heavens Door

This song is a part of almost every show Guns n’ Roses has ever played right from 1986. Both old and new gnr.

- Get In The Ring

Get in the ring was never performed live as a song. However. the chants in the beginning and end of the song were recorded in Saratoga, New York 6/10/91. Axl encouraged the croud to start the chants. The rest of the vocals were recorded in Toronto the night before, in Metalworks Recording Studios.

- Shotgun Blues

This song was never played live.

- Breakdown

Breakdown was played live 2 times, and not by the new Gn’R. Namely 12.06.91 and 12.13.91

- Pretty Tied Up

This song was played live as a regular part of the setlist in 1991. In 1992 they also played it a couple of times. After that it was never played again.

- Locomotive

This song was only played a few times in 1991 and 1992, namely 07.19.91, 07.30.91, 08.03.91, 12.13.91 and 02.20.92.

- So Fine

So fine was played a few times in 1991, pretty often in 1992, and occasionally in 1993. The new gnr has never played it.

- Estranged

This song was played in almost every 1991 and 1992 show. It was also played occasionally in 1993. The new gnr has never played it.

- You Could Be Mine

This song was played in almost every show in the 90’s. It was also played in almost every new gnr show.

- Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics)

The alternative version of this song was only performed twice, never by the new Gn’R. It was performed live for the first time in Inglewood, CA, on August 2, 1991. It was also performed in Czechoslovakia, May 5, 1992.

- My World

Other songs released by the old Guns n' Roses :

- Shadow Of Your Love

The song was a regular part of the setlist in 1986 and 1987. Never again after that.

- Whole Lotta Rosie

This song was played live a couple of times in 1987 and 1988. Never again after that.

- It's Alright

It's Alright was often played as an intro to November Rain in 1992. In most cases, they did the whole song.

- Sympathy For The Devil

This song was never played live

Other new Guns n' Roses songs:

- Oh My God

This song has only been played live in all 4 2001 shows. But never in 2002, and not in 2006 either.

- Rhiad And The Bedouins

This song has only been played live in all 4 2001 shows and 5 shows during 2002. It has not been played in 2006.

- Silkworms

This song has only been played live in all 4 2001 shows. But never in 2002, or 2006.

- Madagascar

This song was played in every 2001 show except 01-01-2001, and in almost every 2002 and 2006 show.

- The Blues

This song was played in almost every 2001 and 2002 show. It has been played at all the 2006 shows thus far.

- Chinese Democracy

This song was played in almost every 2001 and 2002 show. It has been played at many 2006 shows too

- I.R.S.

This song was first played live in NYC on May 12, 2006, and has been a regular in the setlist during 2006.

- Better

This song was first played live in NYC on May 12, 2006, and has been played in virtually all of the live performances during 2006

- There Was A Time

This song was first played live in NYC on May 12, 2006, and has been played a few times during 2006.

- Catcher In The Rye

Cheers, The Sandman.

does anyone know the guy who runs the gnr on tour website?

i found one or 2 mistakes in the info for the rds date and can contact the webmaster of it

not a bitching thing but it could confuse alot of people seeing as its one of the most used sources for tour info

does anyone know the guy who runs the gnr on tour website?

i found one or 2 mistakes in the info for the rds date and can contact the webmaster of it

not a bitching thing but it could confuse alot of people seeing as its one of the most used sources for tour info

PM it to me, and I'll pass if on if you want.

And Marky, you're wrong, AF, as always, is right.

I'm in contact with John almost daily, what's wrong on the site?

He's going to transfer some cassettes for me then torrent them.

I've emailed him the stuff in question Alex, don't worry about it :)

Alright.

But, there should be something good showing up soon, another source for a GnR show that is out there already n' an unsurfaced audio show from Izzy.

Should be out as soon as I send him the damn cassettes. :lol:

- Dust N' Bones

This song was played live for the first time in 1989. In 1991 it was a regular part of the setlist, until Izzy left the band. After that they have never played it again.

That's the only issue I have. According to gnrontour.com, it was played once in 1992.

R.

- Dust N' Bones

That's the only issue I have. According to gnrontour.com, it was played once in 1992.

R.

It was not played live in 1989. It was played in a studio as a demo in 1989, that's noted on gnrontour, and it was played once in1992. 01.07 - The Pyramid, Memphis, TN

Apparently Think About You was played last night so that needs to be changed too.

R.

Think About You has not always been played with Izzy in 2006...that's the other problem I've got with this.

You know better than I do about when he's played, so you better contact John on that one mate.

Apparently Think About You was played last night so that needs to be changed too.

R.

Think About You has not always been played with Izzy in 2006...that's the other problem I've got with this.

Where else was it played without Izzy?

R.

R.

You know better than I do about when he's played, so you better contact John on that one mate.

Sorry, I thought TAY was played at the first Hammerstein show, it wasn't. I stand corrected by myself. But, according to Rick, they played it last night.

R.

Sorry, I thought TAY was played at the first Hammerstein show, it wasn't. I stand corrected by myself. But, according to Rick, they played it last night.

Ok, cool. Hope the site gets updated soon :)