Axl is like Izzy - touring makes him crazy

tbaugerud

Ladies and gentlemen, I have seen a few evidences on this tour that this could be the case.

As far as I know, Izzy Stradlin quit GNR mainly because he couldn't cope with his addictions while on tour in this rock band environment. He realized he had to quit in order to be the person he wanted to be.

Axl has been very shy for a decade and in order to cope with his inner demons, has tried to live in harmony with his surroundings and himself. He even was/is into asian methods like meditation and such. Beta and a few others have been of great help to him, making him feel close and relaxed in his natural environment in California. As far as I'm aware of, Axl didn't drink much for a decade, and he quit smoking.

To be honest, I feared that Axl was no longer "bad enough" to be Axl. And the shows in 01/02 proved that he had changed, although into a medicated ex-rocker with no self esteem.

Now, things are way different.

I think Axl got through his patch of mental instability a couple of years ago and really started to get back to his own self. Us fans was unsure of what to expect untill NYC, but then we realized he is there to - once again - make us proud.

Then, he starts demanding glam-models for his post-parties in Europe and gets arrested in Sweden. He shows up late for all his shows and he drinks like ALOT! What a personality u-turn!

I can see the similarities between Izzy and Axl here: Either you live the life of a rockstar, or you don't. There's no middleway, like in buddhism.

Axl can't help it. He is just enjoying himself. He's back 100%.

What about Beta? Will she still be there for him in 12 months time? I'm not so sure. And the incident in Stockholm goes a long way to prove that things are about to change.

The old Axl is back - whether he likes it himself or not.

I hope he does, coz I fucking DO!

PS! 100 bucks on Axl starting to smoke again within the year. Full time. No more cigars.

Love you, Axl!

Tom

Ladies and gentlemen, I have seen a few evidences on this tour that this could be the case.

As far as I know, Izzy Stradlin quit GNR mainly because he couldn't cope with his addictions while on tour in this rock band environment. He realized he had to quit in order to be the person he wanted to be.

Axl has been very shy for a decade and in order to cope with his inner demons, has tried to live in harmony with his surroundings and himself. He even was/is into asian methods like meditation and such. Beta and a few others have been of great help to him, making him feel close and relaxed in his natural environment in California. As far as I'm aware of, Axl didn't drink much for a decade, and he quit smoking.

To be honest, I feared that Axl was no longer "bad enough" to be Axl. And the shows in 01/02 proved that he had changed, although into a medicated ex-rocker with no self esteem.

Now, things are way different.

I think Axl got through his patch of mental instability a couple of years ago and really started to get back to his own self. Us fans was unsure of what to expect untill NYC, but then we realized he is there to - once again - make us proud.

Then, he starts demanding glam-models for his post-parties in Europe and gets arrested in Sweden. He shows up late for all his shows and he drinks like ALOT! What a personality u-turn!

I can see the similarities between Izzy and Axl here: Either you live the life of a rockstar, or you don't. There's no middleway, like in buddhism.

Axl can't help it. He is just enjoying himself. He's back 100%.

What about Beta? Will she still be there for him in 12 months time? I'm not so sure. And the incident in Stockholm goes a long way to prove that things are about to change.

The old Axl is back - whether he likes it himself or not.

I hope he does, coz I fucking DO!

PS! 100 bucks on Axl starting to smoke again within the year. Full time. No more cigars.

Love you, Axl!

Tom

we know...

Im almost certain he was told by a vocal coach to cut the smoking. Its not good for your voice one bit, especially at that age.

Axl also seem's to have cartailed his cigar smoking as well, down to occasional.

The drinking and party animal on the other hand - rock on !