GnR Advert On The Hits

ComaBreak

not the best of news but it was very cool finally seeing that even UK Music channels are starting to talk.

I think very slowly the world is starting to realise rock music might be in the verge of revival.

well the advert when like this,,

sweet child o mine tune came on then i thought it was the polyphonic riff advert then the voice gos " THEY ARE FINALLY", GUNS N ROSES FULL UK TOUR, then the dates came on or something then showed the old gnr playing at gigs such as the ritz and then it went "GNR 2006" then it still showed slash:S, stupid, i know

then the full details came on etc etc on price etc then it showed various clips of gnr music videos then faded out, then the sexy video buttonz came on :P

meh this is false advertising because who av been living in a rock wud be thinking gnr are back but ah well

just thought id post this but its quite that gnr av got a tour advert :D

You think the advertisement company could do a little research on the current band don't ya think?

lazy people...

I'm not sure how that all works. Don't they need approval from GnR reps. to run adverts? Is someone actually giving them the OK to use images of the old lineup?!

and btw, I love your sig!

SCOM and Slash are still being used to advertise GnR? :blink:

Shame that someone has to resort to false advertising just to hype their return. :no: And then people get pissed because someone is waving a Slash shirt in the crowd...

living off former glorys springs to mind

so much for progression :rofl-lol:

You think the advertisement company could do a little research on the current band don't ya think?

lazy people...

I'm not sure how that all works. Don't they need approval from GnR reps. to run adverts? Is someone actually giving them the OK to use images of the old lineup?!

No, how it works is that the music channel purchases (or obtains) a licensing agreement, that allows them to use the name GNR, and from there the promotions company makes a commercial, then the music channel runs the ad. GNR or their management really have no say in what the advertisement looks like, or says, its strictly the channel/venue, etc. unless GNR has something in a contract that says that they have final say on what is put out as advertisements, but typically bands dont, its the promotion company mostly, or if it relates to an album, the record label.

lazy people...

No, how it works is that the music channel purchases (or obtains) a licensing agreement, that allows them to use the name GNR, and from there the promotions company makes a commercial, then the music channel runs the ad. GNR or their management really have no say in what the advertisement looks like, or says, its strictly the channel/venue, etc. unless GNR has something in a contract that says that they have final say on what is put out as advertisements, but typically bands dont, its the promotion company mostly, or if it relates to an album, the record label.

Who do they obtain the license agreement from? I don't understand how does a band and/or their management not have any say as to how their name and image are used...