new guitar world

gnrfan4life3690

Izzy Stradlin recently stated that Slash was all about "money and fame".

Where?

The rest of your post is garbage.

Not sure if it's valid and authentic Izzy interview, but it might be.

But, if Slash is all about "money and fame", why did he leave GNR? For more money and fame? :confused: I'm sure he made soo much money of his Snakepit Albums.

As for the money, who wouldn't want there cut, with all the money coming in. For instance, Izzy didn't want to take a pay cuts for not wanting to work. And, remember when he rejoined Guns in 93 to collect his unpaid money. I'm sure he got a nice chunk of change for rejoining the tour. If that's not about money, I don't know what is?

Izzy Stradlin recently stated that Slash was all about "money and fame".

Where?

The rest of your post is garbage.

Not sure if it's valid and authentic Izzy interview, but it might be.

But, if Slash is all about "money and fame", why did he leave GNR? For more money and fame? :confused: I'm sure he made soo much money of his Snakepit Albums.

As for the money, who wouldn't want there cut, with all the money coming in. For instance, Izzy didn't want to take a pay cuts for not wanting to work. And, remember when he rejoined Guns in 93 to collect his unpaid money. I'm sure he got a nice chunk of change for rejoining the tour. If that's not about money, I don't know what is?

Exactly, a few days ago someone posted a short Axl rant against Izzy, it was probably about that time in '93 when Izzy rejoined for a few shows and when asked to play one more show he doubled the price!

All the band got mad at him!

Plus, if u meet some people who knows SLASH personally, for example in L.A., Hollywood, everybody agree that SLASH isn't about money at all, he is only love and passion for music, he is a "musicholic".

If u listen to SLASH and Duff interviews, from '96 to nowdays, and if u listen to some Izzy's interviews of few times ago, the reason why all of them left from GnR is that Axl wanted to do it his solo project.

Many times they said they wouldn't do songs like November Rain and Estranged (wich I desagree 100% because i just adore those songs!) so SLASH didn't have all this power in the band didn't he?

He didn't even like Nov Rain and Estranged but he did that GREAT job ........ I'm confused what do u recriminate to SLASH? :confused:

Exactly, a few days ago someone posted a short Axl rant against Izzy, it was probably about that time in '93

Well the interview he's talking about is where Izzy talks about hearing Chinese Democracy and saying it was excellent so if it is true, then it was recent and not from 1993.... but it might be fake - who knows!

LP

Slash and Page rule the (guitar) world.

Yeah, maybe in 1987 Slash ruled.

But funny, I didn't see any "Snakepit" or "VR" albums listed. And all those albums are Slash's projects. And uh, no UYI records too, even though Slash did all the guitar work. UYI was about Slash trying to take over the band too.

So, what's so different about AFD? Oh, right, Axl and Izzy had more input on the guitar work and sound.

I'm willing to bet back in 2002 before Axl and Izzy made up you would be dissing Izzy. Just like Axl in his 02-rants. So now that Axl and Izzy are cool again, it's cool to like Izzy. :rolleyes:

I love Slash. I seriously do. He's great and all but there are too many people who think GnR is Slash. Well, I like to tip the balance so to speak - play devil's advocate so that people can open their eyes and see the other side of the story. The truth is, if you could actually see Slash's face behind all that hair, you'll see that if his ego wasn't so big, he could still be in GnR. GnR is Axl and Izzy, always was and always will be. Slash's best work was when Axl and Izzy were there to "guide" him. Do you really think the November Rain guitars solo would be that great without Axl and Izzy? There wouldn't even be November Rain without Axl. Have you heard all the other ballads Slash has put out since UYI? They suck shit compare to November Rain and Don't Cry. Why? Because Axl and Izzy are the real genius behind GnR.

If Axl's vocals where over Contraband or if Finck and Fortus played the same riffs and solos, you'de probably think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Slash ruined GnR because he thought he was bigger then GnR - he thought he was bigger than Axl and Izzy. The only two constants in GnR are Axl and Izzy - as long as those two are alive, GnR will always be kicking. And just like how Axl found success by replacing Tracii Guns with Slash, he will rise to top with CD because he was able to replace Slash with people that share his vision for GnR.

I believe that was Axl who thought he was bigger than GnR. It's no secret Axl isn't the easiest person to work with. GnR was five guys. Not three guitarist, two keyboardist, etc. Obviously, something was wrong. Why do you think Izzy, Slash, Gilby, Duff, and Matt left?

im starting to laugh at some of you. so some of you are saying that the reason gnr died for awhile was slash wanted to take control of the band???? you'r FUCKING crazy. do we forget that maybe the reason they weren't as good was because grunge started and took over music? nirvana was huge and people prob converted, UYI did take some time. plus if you remember, didnt axl basicly sell out? WTF, when you have to have a aircraft carier in a video with dolophins, i think thats the start of sell out. plus think about the sound gnr would have had if axl had most input. remember my world???? have i missed somehting and that song became good because i had to turn it off when i heard it. and of course not, UYI sucks because it has great guitar work on, has great songs on it, yea total waste of time. lets see, the 2 big flops on that cd, my world and so fine. but you get November Rain and Estranged. i personally dont like those songs but most seem to remember them. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO slash KILLED that cd, right?

o and um im pretty sure Fall to Pieces isnt that bad of a ballad, the guitar work is great, but of course its Velvet Revolver so THEY SUCK!!!!

btw my spelling sucks sorry if i fucked up some words

wow...a respectable list for a change!!

I'd rearrange some chart positions and make a change or two...but other than that..not bad.

And Kiss Alive got acknowledged...fucking great guitar album!