Small Write Up

Gash

All the band were on form.

Axl's rant at the security was great! He stopped through "You Could Be Mine" and asked the security what the fuck they were doing. He then came back and said something like "You know, I understand when you have to ensure safety, I understand trying to prevent people from getting hurt but you don't have to be so heavyhanded about it."

Axl pulled Bumblefoot's hat over his eyes during Sweet Child O' Mine before the guitar solo which was amusing. Even without the gift of sight, Bumblefoot pulled it off.

Out of the new songs "Better" went down the best. I still felt I was the only one that knew the new songs though.

And I pretty much made an arse of myself dancing and singing along. I was the dork in the Joy Division shirt if anyone noticed me haha.

Overall, better show than when I saw them at Download. However that could be because i was extremely uncomfortable at Download while relatively comfortable at this concert.

Thanks for the review. :)

lol that thing Axl did to Ron sounds really funny.

It gives me hope that he's in it for atleast a while.

Yeah some recent reviews have been saying he's been a bit down recently but he seemed in a good night tonight.

He did a good cartman impression too only to be complimented with a rendition of the theme music!

My first GnR show, absolutely loved it...

Was really impressed with the people who made the GnR flag and actually managed to get Axl to wear it...good work!

Ive got his rant on video I think, I still need to go through it, but I shall endeavour to post it up

:)

It was amazing, my first gnr show also.

Axl was amazing and kicked total ass throughout the entire show and was in a good mood. I love it when everyone chanted "Axl, Axl" after his rant about security. It kinded of reminded me of a DVD I have when he goes on about security shot back in 87. Fortus was great too as was the entire band. I have a lot of respect for the new members now that ive actually seen them live in concert.

rock3

Might as well add my two cents here too :)

Wow what a fuckin' night!!! Best night of my life by far. The moment when the lights finally went down n the opening riff of Jungle played ahhh man I was in heaven. DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU AREEEEE??!!! amazing!!!! And all my gripes with Robin Finck are over, he's an excellent player live, well his solo sucked ass but hey who the fuck cares lol.

My eyebrows feeling like they were getting burnt by the pyro's was also crazy lol, I had totally forgot abt tht happening, then thought oh yeh now i remember as my face was being burnt to a crisp.

And the moment I loved the most......eye contact with the man himself....there I was, all 6' 5'' of me towering above everyone else, he noticed me as one of the only ones who knew the words to The Blues, at which point he looked directly at me, smiled, nodded for me to carry on as I'd briefly stopped singing and acknowledged me by slightly waving his microphone in my direction. WOW!!!!!!

The security dudes being kicked out was hilarious ''We're trying to have a fuckin' good time, theres no need to be all heavy handed about it. You 2, out of here!!!!'' Quality stuff!!!

Props to x_estranged_x and nadine for throwing the union jack on stage again, awesome moment!!!!

Damn that wasn't bad for a first gig hehe. If the gigs i see to come are as 1/2 as gd as that one, then fuck me side ways its gna be amazing !!!!

Highlights of the night for me, were being able to sing all the new songs whilst everyone around was going ''what the hell is this??'' lol. Better got a rly gd ovation as did The Blues, IRS only got an ok reaction I think, which surprised me. Also loved November Rain, Nightrain, Jungle, well every song really :) what an amazing night!!!

Also during one of Robins solo's one of the women behind me said '' How stoned is he???!!'' in reference to his crazy ass moves n facial expressions whilst playing. Made me chuckle somewhat.

AXL ROSE IS A GOD!!!!!!!

PS: Dont worry Gash, your not the only one who thought he was on his own with the new songs, only me n my mates knew em, only I knew all the words to em as well out of the 5 of us. People behind us were saying ''what the hell is this?'' though at the end of them they were cheering their little heads off!!

Edited by HarleyGnR