Finck's gutiar and equipment

well, i haven't been serious about playing in probably 10 years.. and even back then I wasn't like really serious. I want to get back into it and get a guitar, Finck totally inspired me to pick one up. And I wanted to get the same tone he gets.

Fair do's man. Slash inspired me to pick up guitar again

As for Fincks tone. Yeah, i like it. It's pretty raw but has a modern twist to it. I'm pretty sure he uses a Marshall JPM-1 and a Mesa Boogie head. Check out the band members gear on HTGTH website. I think the Les Pauls just have Humbuckers in them. You should e-mail him and ask him. But don't be all like "oh i love your tone! i want it what do you use!" just be like "hey man, just wondering what ur set up is on stage, sounds amazing" im sure you'll get a better reply!

don't spend 6 or 7 Gs on a guitar and amp unless you can fucking play! jeez.

just throw some seymour duncans (not duncan designed) into a decent guitar, and get a cheap marshall or line 6 (line 6 can emulate marshall perfectly, and it can emulate others too, plus it's cheaper).

You should e-mail him and ask him. But don't be all like "oh i love your tone! i want it what do you use!" just be like "hey man, just wondering what ur set up is on stage, sounds amazing" im sure you'll get a better reply!

You sure know how to impress Robin Finck, CD. :P