Any good new bands around?

HisRoyalFatness

Looking for some good new music. Anybody found anything really cool out there lately? Doesn't necessarily have to be hard rock. Just need some new ideas. Or good box sets or reissues of other people.

I've been trying to get into the whole NuMetal scene, but as a fan from metal's glory days, I find a lot of this stuff to be kind of turgid and humorless. Really cool, but a little too Rush. Could use a little more David Lee Roth. I've been trying to get into Mastodon. There's a lot to like about them, but they just don't really speak to me. Does anybody know of a NuMetal band that might bea little more fun?

I've gotten a kick out of Lordi. Like the Darkness or Tenacious D, I think they do a good job of being self aware but not at the expense or their sweet hot rock.

Tom Petty's new album is... well, a Tom Petty album. It's great. The Golden Rose is a really great song. For some reason it reminds me a little of Floyd.

I heard a few tracks from the Dexateens, and they rock really hard. Southern rock meets punk. Rough and raw, low-fi.

I don't know if anybody's into the roots rock / alt. country scene, but I've found a lot of great stuff out there.

The great rock band Slobberbone has essentially reformed. They have a new band called The Drams. I've only heard a few tracks from the album, but it's really good. Much, much slicker and pop sounding than Slobberbone, but it's still a lot of fun. Really hooky. Sounds much better when it's cranked. Still, I miss Sloberbone.

The Drive-By Truckers have a new album. If anybody out here is into classic rock, their new album will be a lot of fun for you. Sounds like a mix of Stones, Thin Lizzy, The Boss, with a good bit of country thrown in. These guys were three-guitar bar band when they decided their next album was going to be a double record concept rock opera about the life and death of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Sounds like a joke, I know, but it's very sincere and heartfelt. Plus it's a celebration of rock history. A chorus like "I never saw Lynyrd Skynyrd, but I sure saw AC/DC with Bon Scott singing LET THERE BE ROCK!" is delivered with more passion and sincerity than most love songs.

Any other ideas for good music out there?

Just listen to a rock station, one that plays new stuff like Disturbed, System of a Down, Nickleback, Tool, Avenged Sevenfold, Stained, bands like that. You'll probably hear something you like, but for the most part it isnt all that good.

Edited by sweetness

Gnarls Barkley, Between the Buried and Me, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Mars Volta, Jimi Hendrix, Stan Getz, Gjando Reinhardt, jazz in general, nas, talib kweli, mos def, the temptations, eagles, bb king, cream, eric clapton, buddy guy.

:book:

edit1: santana, jose feliciano, janis joplin, jefferson airplane, foreigner, yes.

edit2: Don McLean.

Edited by swlabr

my dad has a band...not really NEW but their music is kick ass...siting in t-man's house just listening to them play whatever they feel like is the best stuff in the world...they have rock n roll...some soft rock n roll...and as soon as they send me their cd i'm gonna try suuuuuper

hard to get it onto the internet for other ppl to check out...they are called Dem boys

Im getting into Kill cheerleader,they are fucken way Rock N Roll! you should Youtube that shit. Oh and Towers of London seem pretty good.

Yeah, theyre pretty sweet. Their lead guitarist is really good and his guitar looks so bad ass, I want it!

KILL CHEERLEADER are the shit! theyre the real deal, unlike other similar underground bands today who try to copy the hair metal style, they play rock n roll the way its supposed to be! Bet none of u dudes partyed with them?

Like lemmy fucking said the metal revolution has started and Kill Cheerleader will be leading the way!

7th SON is also a fucking amazing band, who stay true to the heavy metal roots. FUCK numetal and the gay industrial radio metal bands! wholl get check them out at: http://www.myspace.com/7thsonband

Other good metal bands include:

MASTERY

Rammer

Cauldron

Nihilist

also if u like that hair metal crap, ull prob like Nothin' to Lose from UK, at least they got some pretty good solos.

Remember NO FALSE METAL!!! and stay the fuck away from the numetal crap!