Guns N' Roses Bassist To Tour With Soul Asylum

ronaldo9

GUNS N' ROSES Bassist To Tour With SOUL ASYLUM - Aug. 16, 2006

GUNS N' ROSES bassist Tommy Stinson will join SOUL ASYLUM on the following dates:

Aug. 17 - Pike Market Place (12:00pm show) - Seattle, WA

Aug. 18 - Mid-America Center - Concil Bluff's, IA

Aug. 19 - Austin Rockin' Blues Festival - Austin, TX

Aug. 23 - Great American Music Hall - San Francisco, CA

Aug. 24 - Plaza deCesar Chavez - San Jose, CA

Sep. 09 - Deadwood Jam - Deadwood, SD

Stinson is featured on several songs on the new studio album from SOUL ASYLUM, "The Silver Lining", which came out on July 11 via Legacy. Stinson plays bass on two tracks ("Bus Named Desire" and "Oxygen") and sings on four.

Blabbermouth

Don't know if anybody's interested, just thought I'd post it.

Edited by ronaldo9

It kind of gives the impression GnR are not spending a lot of time learning new material not yet played on the 2006 tour...which seems unfortunate!

I hope I'm wrong..

and why should they?

this gnr wrote the songs, they don't gotta learn crap

cept for bumblefoot, this line up is ready for a world tour solely on new materialthey have it written, they know thier parts

besides,tommy's bass work is consistently spot on

i mean, if robin finck was doin anything, then i'd be worried the most out of all the members,but he always sounds great on anything he writes,so i'm not worried

It kind of gives the impression GnR are not spending a lot of time learning new material not yet played on the 2006 tour...which seems unfortunate!

I hope I'm wrong..

and why should they?

cept for bumblefoot, this line up is ready for a world tour solely on new materialthey have it written, they know thier parts

i mean, if robin finck was doin anything, then i'd be worried the most out of all the members,but he always sounds great on anything he writes,so i'm not worried

I guess because most bands rehearse before going on tour.... A LOT.Especially if they were considering adding songs to the setlist that they haven't been playing for the last several months.

It's one thing to write a song,and record your part in the studio...it's another thing entirely to make the song gel with the other musicians live on stage.

Sometimes material has to be reworked in order to perform it on stage...studio recordings can not always be duplicated live on stage.

Yeah sure...they wrote the songs...but it helps to have them down tight before going on tour.Especially if they were going to attempt songs that they HAVEN'T played live on stage yet.That's what I was getting at...just because they recorded a song in the studio god-knows-how-long-ago,doesn't mean it's magically going to BE tight on stage without a lot of rehearsal.And to me it doesn't sound like they've left themselves a hell of a lot of time to add much new material (new or old) to the setlist.

Just an observation...and like I said...I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by zint61

There are TONS of musicians who do side projects in addition to their full-time gigs. That the members of Guns N' Roses have side projects and guest appearances going on doesn't mean shit.

Didn't the old band also have side project. I know at the Illusion DVD Duff talks about a solo project he was working on.

And Last time I checked. He wasn't a hired gun.

I'm considering on hireing a gun. And a hitman. And kanada would post.....no more :kiss:

Edited by Bromle

This is just more proof that these guys are hired guns...they are session players...when are you fools going to realize that. It's not GUNS N ROSES! It's Axl and his group of session players...

They are session players I have never considered them except Dizzy to be official members of Guns N' Roses

I hope I'm wrong..

and why should they?

I guess because most bands rehearse before going on tour.... A LOT.Especially if they were considering adding songs to the setlist that they haven't been playing for the last several months.

It's one thing to write a song,and record your part in the studio...it's another thing entirely to make the song gel with the other musicians live on stage.

Sometimes material has to be reworked in order to perform it on stage...studio recordings can not always be duplicated live on stage.

Yeah sure...they wrote the songs...but it helps to have them down tight before going on tour.Especially if they were going to attempt songs that they HAVEN'T played live on stage yet.That's what I was getting at...just because they recorded a song in the studio god-knows-how-long-ago,doesn't mean it's magically going to BE tight on stage without a lot of rehearsal.And to me it doesn't sound like they've left themselves a hell of a lot of time to add much new material (new or old) to the setlist.

Just an observation...and like I said...I hope I'm wrong.

hmm....while you have a point, all the songs have been re-recorded between 2002-04,thier pretty fresh

look at it this way, this new band has gone on the spot playing irs accoustic, among a slew of other songs, and have been fine

bumble is the biggest concern, getting him familiar with bucket's parts and having him get a bucketlike feel is very important

the point is,the tour is one month away, with a full week of practice they'll all have it down

besides, afd songs dropped from the set during uyi that were barely played until 93 sounded spot on, so it can't be too hard

to finish this, i'll give a story....one time when i was small(little bucketslash with a trumpet)i didn't practice songs for concert band for a month, it took little more than a week to get everything down,and i never even heard of the songs

the comparison is, these are professionals,who know thier parts, with top notch chops, professionals at the very least can sight read thier parts and in a span of an hour or to, can say"oh yeah, this is how it's done"

so i'm not worried about anyone but bumble

This is just more proof that these guys are hired guns...they are session players...when are you fools going to realize that. It's not GUNS N ROSES! It's Axl and his group of session players...

lemme give you a penny for your thought, bucko

GUNS N' ROSES now, has a better chemistry than old guns n' roses would have by a forced reunion,

they've wrote material, they're preparing to show it, and they're preparing to take your ass and kick it to the curb and prove that this is gnr

thats more than the old line up has done together since then

There are TONS of musicians who do side projects in addition to their full-time gigs. That the members of Guns N' Roses have side projects and guest appearances going on doesn't mean shit.

Didn't the old band also have side project. I know at the Illusion DVD Duff talks about a solo project he was working on.

And Last time I checked. He wasn't a hired gun.

I'm considering on hireing a gun. And a hitman. And kanada would post.....no more :kiss:

:rofl-lol:

Yeah, you're right. Many musicians have solo projects, that doesn't mean they're hired. And even if they were, I would still love Gn'R :heart:

Edited by jacque|ine

Ok, so the one and only logical explanation is that you USA fans get the same setlist as us EURO fans. So you can stop 'what if'-ing and fantasizing, and better start learning those lyrics, my friends. Because it is one hell of a rocking setlist baby!!!