Without Chinese D out, Nick Lachey could sell more seats than Axl...

Kaneda

I really think Axl believes that by selling out festivals in Europe that he can sell out arenas in the US...but let's face it, David Hasselhoff is huge in Europe. Axl is doing the same exact thing in 2006 as he did in 2002...and not to say it will end just as bad, but kicking off the tour in the US without a single or album to promote is a mistake, and we all agree on that. However, playing in large arenas that are half empty is so pathetic and sad to see. I remember seeing GNR in Hartford in 2002 and it was fairly empty...Axl needs to play smaller venues and major cities only...but this time around, I think A LOT of interest in the band has disappeared. In 2002, there was the mystery, the intrigue in Axl's return...but that's long gone. Now he is more of a joke than ever. A kick ass single and an AMAZING VMA performance, and maybe Axl could build some real momentum in the US, but right now, touring with his kareoke band, nobody cares outside of the die hards.

i agree with you to a point on this

he really should release the album before touring the US

its totally different to europe

in most countries they toured in europe they get little or no big bands playing there, so they do one show in a place like that with the GnR name and it sells

i feel that Axl will go into the US a bit cocky from his european success and then may find some hostility which could bring back the Axl that storms off stage

but i could be wrong, we'll just have to see ;)

I really think Axl believes that by selling out festivals in Europe that he can sell out arenas in the US...but let's face it, David Hasselhoff is huge in Europe. Axl is doing the same exact thing in 2006 as he did in 2002...and not to say it will end just as bad, but kicking off the tour in the US without a single or album to promote is a mistake, and we all agree on that. However, playing in large arenas that are half empty is so pathetic and sad to see. I remember seeing GNR in Hartford in 2002 and it was fairly empty...Axl needs to play smaller venues and major cities only...but this time around, I think A LOT of interest in the band has disappeared. In 2002, there was the mystery, the intrigue in Axl's return...but that's long gone. Now he is more of a joke than ever. A kick ass single and an AMAZING VMA performance, and maybe Axl could build some real momentum in the US, but right now, touring with his kareoke band, nobody cares outside of the die hards.

Ok most of this makes sense, but the Hoff was only liked in Germany, for about 2 years.

Don't be dragging the rest of Europe into that!!!

Besides GnR didn't just sell out festivals, they sold out a UK tour as well (as well as the odd non-festival Euro date), and a very successful tour it was at that, so they have reason to be confident.

I do agree with you Europe is a different market. They need a lot more exposure than they have already to do well in the states... although some places they can sell out without anything I'm sure.

LP

I do agree with you Europe is a different market. They need a lot more exposure than they have already to do well in the states... although some places they can sell out without anything I'm sure.

LP

Someone should have told Axl where in 2002 - he obviously picked the wrong cities.

Pssh, they don't sell out a few shows immediatly and you people jump all over them. The whole europe tour was sold out, everyone forgot already?

Maybe the US is different..but its only been a few days :/

Although, I do agree, they should release the album otherwise it could turn out as a disaster. I just hate the way you lot think you know everything. Your not stating it as your opinion, its like you 100% believe its a fact.

Edited by Coma.

Earlier this year i met Gersch, on of Axl's stage crew people, also a huge friend of Mr. Stinson, we talked with him in que outside spectrum in Norway, he was on break, and he said that for Axl to tour The US was a HUGE mistake, the US would not accept another 2002, without the release of Chi. Dem. He also said that Axl is his own boss, if he want's to tour, he'll tour..

Sooo, even the stage crew feel touring the US with no album out is a huge mistake..

And yet, here we are, same shit just 4 years later...Axl once again going on tour with no album or single out...why? Who really cares at this point to hear the old material played by guys that didn't write the music? I would have more respect for Axl if he released this thing the way Brian Williams did SMILE and just go to a venue like Radio City Music Hall, invite die hards and the media to hear Chinese D played song 1-13, in order.

Enough with the old Axl, time to usher in the new era for Guns. It's so retarded that in August 2006 we are still without a single.

And yet, here we are, same shit just 4 years later...Axl once again going on tour with no album or single out...why? Who really cares at this point to hear the old material played by guys that didn't write the music? I would have more respect for Axl if he released this thing the way Brian Williams did SMILE and just go to a venue like Radio City Music Hall, invite die hards and the media to hear Chinese D played song 1-13, in order.

Enough with the old Axl, time to usher in the new era for Guns. It's so retarded that in August 2006 we are still without a single.

funny you are calling something retarded. :drevil:

if you dont want to hear the old songs, dont go to the show. problem solved. if you are tired of waiting for chinese democracy, stop waiting. problem solved.

I really think Axl believes that by selling out festivals in Europe that he can sell out arenas in the US...but let's face it, David Hasselhoff is huge in Europe.

Hoff is huge in Europe? :blink: And USA is a small island with 3 retarted guys living on it..?

I'm not sure about where you live but Kroq out here in LA (the station doing the "Inland Invasion" show) is hyping the hell out of GNR. Even before the announcement they played GNR pretty frequently. The interest is still there, there's just been not a lot of promotion

I really think Axl believes that by selling out festivals in Europe that he can sell out arenas in the US...but let's face it, David Hasselhoff is huge in Europe.

I pretty much ignore your threads so I haven't read anything else than the thread title (who the hell is Nick Lachey anyway? :blink: ) but what the fuck is that? David Hasselhoff isn't huge in Europe, he isn't even big. He's a joke.. Just like in there..

i agree with you to a point on this

he really should release the album before touring the US

its totally different to europe

in most countries they toured in europe they get little or no big bands playing there, so they do one show in a place like that with the GnR name and it sells

i feel that Axl will go into the US a bit cocky from his european success and then may find some hostility which could bring back the Axl that storms off stage

but i could be wrong, we'll just have to see ;)

You are wrong. GNR toured in counrties like Germany, Spain or France. And the fact is every major band like Metallica, U2, Rolling Stones, Iron Maiden, Megadeth or SOAD plays in those countries each time they tour.

But, I Will admit that we don't have such big arenas here in Europe.

funny you are calling something retarded. :drevil:

if you dont want to hear the old songs, dont go to the show. problem solved. if you are tired of waiting for chinese democracy, stop waiting. problem solved.

Jesus, could you please get your head out of Axl's ass?

Guys, you'll never understand that he can't release the album without some publicity!! Really, we know everything about GNR because we are the die hard fans, but there are a lot of people that don't know a shit about it, yet they like GNR.

For example here in Venezuela, nobody knows that Axl is back!! I swear!! When I tell people, they get shocked, and then, they get all excited to see GNR again!! Even knowing that it's not the same line-up, they wanna see GNR back!! But really, nobody knows!! With this Europe tour, and US tour, Axl is making people talk about GNR again. That's what he wants, and that's happening!! He really needs this tour without an album to get people to know that GNR is back!! :D

Now imagine if Axl would have released the album in September without a tour, and they have a single, and a video in MTV!! What would be the reaction?? We would be really happy, right?? What about the other people?? They would see the video in MTV, and say...."that's wrong, that's not GNR, that's another band! Where is the hairy guy" They would be shocked because people don't like changes. People are shocked by changes, they need to get used to the idea that there's no Slash, Duff, and Matt!! By this tour, they'll know that this band is good, and that they can play the old songs, and that there are new songs that are awesome and that they are good musicians too even if they're not Slash, Duff or Matt!! Maybe we don't need this tour. Maybe we don't want this tour. Maybe we just want the new album, but there are a lot of people, who are more than us that need the tour!! ;)

Edited by sarsura