The Download Mix

goldfinger19

I thought the show was the best out of 3 I went to because of all of the rock star commotion and drama onstage and a bunch of songs that I wasn't expecting to hear like Chinese Democracy, Used To Love Her and Think About You. But it is funny, Axl really wasn't kidding about his vocals when he started freaking out about the sound and the mic, it was bad bad bad at that show. I just have to say how funny it is that I went to the show and thought it was the best, but when you hear it in full on the computer it isn't nearly as good. I'm not being negative because I've got recordings of the other two shows I attended (Rock am Ring and Novarock) and they are both fantastic. His voice was bang on then. Just thought this difference was worth commenting on.

I thought the show was the best out of 3 I went to because of all of the rock star commotion and drama onstage and a bunch of songs that I wasn't expecting to hear like Chinese Democracy, Used To Love Her and Think About You. But it is funny, Axl really wasn't kidding about his vocals when he started freaking out about the sound and the mic, it was bad bad bad at that show. I just have to say how funny it is that I went to the show and thought it was the best, but when you hear it in full on the computer it isn't nearly as good. I'm not being negative because I've got recordings of the other two shows I attended (Rock am Ring and Novarock) and they are both fantastic. His voice was bang on then. Just thought this difference was worth commenting on.

The recording seems a bit trebley, but it's still the only full soundboard from the tour, so I'm not complaining.

For me this moniter mix is listenable.

Its a many miles above Osaka's from 2002 :scared::vomit:

But all in all, bootlegs or recordings of any kind do not do any justice to the performance of any group compared to being there live and hearing it the way the artist intended the music to be heard.

but it's still the only full soundboard from the tour

No, we've also got Rock In Rio, and Rock Am Ring minus a couple songs n' a solo or two, and 2 other SBD's of My Michelle n' Paradise City from Donnington.

The new songs from Rock in Rio? I had no idea. The mix was awful though. I have all of those, but not complete shows.

Edited by bax

KOHD was horrendous. And Axl knew it. It was just rough at that point in the show. But being there was unreal. They are so cool live.

He actually had a couple of mic faults in KOHD, i remember thinking oh shit not again! The faults passed, but you can tell it irks him and effects his performance for a while after that.

I still say it was the best show, legendary! rock3

LIZ :P