Jimi Hendrix

swlabr

should i start out with the debut album? imma try to ask my dad to buy me some records (two probably being the limit), so any suggestions to which cds i should buy would be awesome. i wanna hear some live stuff, minus the woodstock show, so any of those would be great as well. thanks guys.

The studio stuff is great, but I would suggest getting a live CD as well, because you can't get the full Jimi experience(no pun intended) without hearing the live stuff. I would suggest the full Isle if Wight show, released as a 2 CD set called Blue Wild Angel.

How many cd's did Jimi actually record? I know he has three with the Experience (Are You Experienced?, Axis: Bold As Love and Electric Ladyland), one live cd with the Band of Gypsys. Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong. Or add to it, whatever.

How many cd's did Jimi actually record? I know he has three with the Experience (Are You Experienced?, Axis: Bold As Love and Electric Ladyland), one live cd with the Band of Gypsys. Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong. Or add to it, whatever.

There are also First Rays of the New Rising Sun and South Saturn Delta-songs meant for his next album, and tons of both unofficial and official live shows.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

There are also First Rays of the New Rising Sun and South Saturn Delta-songs meant for his next album, and tons of both unofficial and official live shows.

That album would have been his best.

No doubt. There are tons of studio tracks floating around from 68-70. Jimi constantly recorded and I have tons of his stuff from that period, including a studio session with Mike Bloomfield's band that smokes.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

No doubt. There are tons of studio tracks floating around from 68-70. Jimi constantly recorded and I have tons of his stuff from that period, including a studio session with Mike Bloomfield's band that smokes.

(salivates)

Do you mean Electric Flag with Harvey Brooks, Buddy Miles etc.?

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

Hendrix was a violent skumbag but one hell of a musician.

His first three studio albums are all classics. The remasters however are the poorest i have ever heard tape hiss is horrific, especially on axis which has the loudest tape hiss ever! You will not notice this on an old crappy hi fi but if you have a new decent one you will be dissapointed with the shite ypu hear!

Band of gypsys has amazing music but buddy miles spoils it with his horrible voice/screams/screeches.

First rays is a very good album also.

the box set is very good with some suberb live numbers. Actually the sound quality on this set is much better than the albums but has slightly inferior versions.

Hendrix was a violent skumbag but one hell of a musician.

His first three studio albums are all classics. The remasters however are the poorest i have ever heard tape hiss is horrific, especially on axis which has the loudest tape hiss ever! You will not notice this on an old crappy hi fi but if you have a new decent one you will be dissapointed with the shite ypu hear!

Band of gypsys has amazing music but buddy miles spoils it with his horrible voice/screams/screeches.

First rays is a very good album also.

the box set is very good with some suberb live numbers. Actually the sound quality on this set is much better than the albums but has slightly inferior versions.

The original mix of Axis was lost, supposedly left in a cab, and had to mixed in a single day. Plus this stuff was recorded on analog equiptment. I still think the remasters could be a bit better, but I'm a fan of listening on vinyl, so you sacrifice hearing the hiss but get more warmth.