Pleased as punch!

BarmyBritJo

I have always wanted a copy of AFD with the banned cover and my lovely other half bought me it as an early birthday pressie, it's priceless to me but I was also wondering if it's worth anything much among clollectors?

Also does anyone know if there's a DVD of GnR at Wembley Stadium Aug 31st 1991 any where out there? I saw one on Ebay but the guy who was selling admitted it was a pretty appalling copy and didn't have any skid row on it at all. I was tempted to have it anyway (having been there how cool to watch it again!) but it sounded pretty bad quality.

Thanks

Jo

I have always wanted a copy of AFD with the banned cover and my lovely other half bought me it as an early birthday pressie, it's priceless to me but I was also wondering if it's worth anything much among clollectors?

About £10 to £20 if unsealed, nearer £40 if sealed. Pretty common though.

Every GN'R fans seems to have it just as they do the CD version!

Is there a banned cover CD version?

Edited by The Sandman

Also does anyone know if there's a DVD of GnR at Wembley Stadium Aug 31st 1991 any where out there? I saw one on Ebay but the guy who was selling admitted it was a pretty appalling copy and didn't have any skid row on it at all. I was tempted to have it anyway (having been there how cool to watch it again!) but it sounded pretty bad quality.

Thanks

Jo

Nice! The banned cover isn't worth much though, but like you said, it's priceless to you and other true GN'R fans.

About the Wembley '91 DVD, there was a copy uploaded to dimeadozen the other week.

There are two versions of the DVD:

1 , 2

I'm not sure which one is the one on dimeadozen.

Edited by LCG

Not that I know of. Although of course the banned cover is in the booklet.

Oh, as in a small picture? I can't remember, haven't looked at my AFD in ages :drevil:

Yes, covering the middle two pages. I assume that was sarcasm lol.

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it as I was stating the obvious -_- (sorry!)

05010315391to4.jpg

Isn't AFD, it's the:

Live From The Jungle EP:

It's So Easy (Live) [sweet Child O' Mine 12"/Welcome To The Jungle 12" B-Side]

Shadow Of Your Love (Live*) [it's So Easy 12" B-Side]

Move To The City (Live*) [Lies]

Knockin On Heaven's Door (Live) [Welcome To The Jungle 12"/Nightrain 12"/Yesterdays B-Side]

Whole Lotta Rosie (Live) [sweet Child O' Mine 12"/Welcome To The Jungle 12" B-Side]

Sweet Child 'O Mine (LP Version) [Appetite For Destruction ]

Live songs recorded at The Marquee in London June 28th 1987, released as EP in Japan, used a B-Sides in US

(*Shadow Of Your Love and Move To The City are studio recorded tracks with crowd overdubs)

Not that I know of. Although of course the banned cover is in the booklet.

Oh, as in a small picture? I can't remember, haven't looked at my AFD in ages :drevil:

Yes, covering the middle two pages. I assume that was sarcasm lol.

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it as I was stating the obvious -_- (sorry!)

No, I haven't actually looked in ages :P I'll have to dig out my copy (everything being digital and all, s'all on my iPod.)

So, middle two pages you say?

Went to dimeadozen but they wouldn't let me register as they have their maximum number of users already! No closer to it! I looked at the other web site, looks good but didn't have information how to get hold of it.

Cheers though guys and I will treasure my Album when it arrives!

Jo

I meant that the banned vinyl is just as common as having the standard CD to GN'R fans...

But.......... There is a banned cover sleeve on a CD version... I think it's a Brazilian Import or something.

I don't think it's a bootleg either.. Maybe Almoust Famous can help?

You are right. I nabbed my sealed copy of this off of ebay for like $25. I think it's actually quite valuable but it's hard to really pin down a value on some of this stuff. Anywyas, here's a link:

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=254023

eil is pretty damn overpriced from what I've seen. They want $100 for this. Not sure it's worth quite that much, but who knows? Never bought anything from them so I can't really comment on that. Their site is pretty cool for browsing around though.

Edited by KBear

I meant that the banned vinyl is just as common as having the standard CD to GN'R fans...

But.......... There is a banned cover sleeve on a CD version... I think it's a Brazilian Import or something.

I don't think it's a bootleg either.. Maybe Almoust Famous can help?

You are right. I nabbed my sealed copy of this off of ebay for like $25. I think it's actually quite valuable but it's hard to really pin down a value on some of this stuff. Anywyas, here's a link:

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=254023

eil is pretty damn overpriced from what I've seen. They want $100 for this. Not sure it's worth quite that much, but who knows? Never bought anything from them so I can't really comment on that. Their site is pretty cool for browsing around though.

Thanks for showing me that... I knew I had seen it before!

EIL is cool but overpriced.