What Are Your 5 Favourite Albums

Calm Like A Bomb

Slash's Snakepit - Aint Life Grand

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Alice In Chains - Facelift

AC/DC - Back In Black

Soundgarden - Superunknown

The Best of Black Sabbath - A greatest hits, yeah, yeah, but this one has nothing wrong at all, it's all good.

Theres nothing wrong with that, I almost put Big Ones by Aerosmith but Superunknown is better.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash's Snakepit - Aint Life Grand

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Alice In Chains - Facelift

AC/DC - Back In Black

Soundgarden - Superunknown

The Best of Black Sabbath - A greatest hits, yeah, yeah, but this one has nothing wrong at all, it's all good.

Theres nothing wrong with that, I almost put Big Ones by Aerosmith but Superunknown is better.

I don't have any Soundgarden stuff, but I been thinking of getting some. Superunkown the first one to get then?

This was hard because each of these artists have multiple albums that could be considered"perfect".

Bob Dylan- Blonde on Blonde

Bruce Springsteen-Born to Run

The Beatles-Abbey Road(close between this sgt.pepper

U2- The Joshua Tree

Rolling Stones- Let It Bleed

Edited by gnrrulz

Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Led Lep - Led Zep II

Cypress Hill - Black Sunday

Donavon Frankenreiter - Donavon Frankenreiter

Natalie Imbruglia - White Lillies Island

That was so hard! Each of those albums represent/remind me of a certain time or event in my life that is significant.

I would also like to add:

GNR - UYI 1

AC/DC - Back In Black

Aerosmith - Rocks

Crucified Barbara - In Distortion We Trust

The Donnas - Spend The Night

Dr Dre - The Chronic

Undercut - Something To Die For

I don't have any Soundgarden stuff, but I been thinking of getting some. Superunkown the first one to get then?

Superunkown or Down On The Upside, both are great. Personaly I like Superunkown more but DOTU has some really good songs.

I like those albums a lot, but they are a lot different from the band's early work-much more pop/rock. If you want to hear some more down and dirty, crazy-ass grungey stuff, try Louder Than Love.

Guest cherry_bomb

alice in chains - dirt

did you get a chance to see them live, when they were over in Europe??..

yeah i saw about half their set at download, but i had to leave cos i thought i was gonna pass out. they were incredible, duvals voice is superb too - sings it perfectly, doesnt imitate layne, just does his own thing which suits the songs so well. and cantrell still RULES. funny actually, when cantrell came onstage a few people were going "duff!!yeaaah" :laugh:

Thing with Cantrell is that he still acts like a brat (apparently). My bosses at TG met with almost every major guitarist at Download and said the only one who was difficult to be around was JC. Apparently he was demanding all sorts of stupid stuff.

At the Metal Hammer awards he was walking around like he fuckin owned the place... but he just looked like a bit of a sad case to be honest. Didn't want to have his photo taken with anyone either.

Strange though, cause that all makes me think he's a dick and yet I accept and to an extent expect Axl to be like that. I think I would be a little disappointed if Axl wasn't like that!

Anyway, apologies for going off topic....

I almost forgot to mention another classic of mine:

Green Day - Dookie I'm not a huge fan of Greenday, but that album just came at the right time for so many people and got you hooked instantly. Brings back so many memories of great times when I hear Basket Case or When I Come Around

Thing with Cantrell is that he still acts like a brat (apparently). My bosses at TG met with almost every major guitarist at Download and said the only one who was difficult to be around was JC. Apparently he was demanding all sorts of stupid stuff.

At the Metal Hammer awards he was walking around like he fuckin owned the place... but he just looked like a bit of a sad case to be honest. Didn't want to have his photo taken with anyone either.

Strange though, cause that all makes me think he's a dick and yet I accept and to an extent expect Axl to be like that. I think I would be a little disappointed if Axl wasn't like that!

Anyway, apologies for going off topic....

I almost forgot to mention another classic of mine:

Green Day - Dookie I'm not a huge fan of Greenday, but that album just came at the right time for so many people and got you hooked instantly. Brings back so many memories of great times when I hear Basket Case or When I Come Around

I met Jerry and thought he was really cool and down to earth.

I agree on "Dookie"... That came out at the right time for me and all my friends... good times indeed with that album!

Can't stand Green Day now though :(

Guest cherry_bomb

did you get a chance to see them live, when they were over in Europe??..

yeah i saw about half their set at download, but i had to leave cos i thought i was gonna pass out. they were incredible, duvals voice is superb too - sings it perfectly, doesnt imitate layne, just does his own thing which suits the songs so well. and cantrell still RULES. funny actually, when cantrell came onstage a few people were going "duff!!yeaaah" :laugh:

yah..

I watched some boots off download for there set...

It seem'd like they needed somemore amps, or something..It sounded pretty low..

but, the performance was great..

Duvall's all over the stage, which is pretty cool..

still havent really given my "full" thought of him..

goin' too once I see em' in the next few months..

Mike was awesome..

I love how he is one stage..stomping around, and whipping his hair around..

really cool..

yah..

Jerry was ace up there..

and, they said "Duff"...

:lol::lol: !!..

huh.. :huh:

from all the stuff I've watched on Alice, and Jerry..[home videos, interviews, etc..] he doesnt seemed like he'd act like that at all..Even people on the Jerry board, or the Alice board..they've all had nice things to say about all the band members..sayin' Jerry was one of the nicest people they've met...

Hes a rockstar though..so, Im sure they all act arrogant from time to time..

Not everybody gets pictures..

but, some do...

exactly, chris pitman wouldnt let me have a photo :( sometimes it isnt a good time, and you never know what personal stuff a person is going through if you dont actually know them.

Edited by cherry_bomb

Guest cherry_bomb

exactly, chris pitman wouldnt let me have a photo :( sometimes it isnt a good time, and you never know what personal stuff a person is going through if you dont actually know them.

you wanted a pic with the pit??.. :lol: !!..

eh, Im sure hes cool, but..I'd be fightin' to get pics with the others before him...

did you not read my acousitc show review?! yes, i asked the pit for a photo. he declined in a gentlemanly fashion. :laugh:

Guest cherry_bomb
must of missed that part though..

read it..but, the pics were the main draw [quality..]

a gentlnmanly fashion??.. :huh:

oh wait..

its coming back to me now..I remember that.. :lol::lol: !!..

this is where jackamo's "chris tit(t)man can from.. :xmasssanta:

it certainly is :xmasssanta: one of my fondest memories ever.

Well,this is my top 5.. rock3

1-Guns n' Roses-Appetite for Destruction.

2-Metallica-And Justice for All.

3-Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon.

4-Bon Jovi-New Jersey.

5-R.E.M-Automatic For The People.

And i like these too.. rock1

-Prince-Purple Rain

-Pearl Jam-Ten

-Alanis Morisette-Jagged little Pill

-Radiohead-The Bends

-Madonna-Ray Of Light

-Aerosmith-Pump

-Queen-Innuendo

Is UYI1 really all that perfect? I can think of a few shite songs on it

I can only think of one. November Rain.

Well considering thats pretty much the best guns n' roses song then UYI1 must be the worst album ever then?

If that's your opinion... I prefer the rest of the album to November Rain, but people have different opinions and taste.