ipod help - anyone please??

Voodoo Dolly

Can anyone give me advice please. I bought an ipod mini approx 20 months ago. After about 6 months it just packed in, i took it back to the shop and they shipped it off to apple who then replaced it with a new one.

Now that one has packed in. It doesn't get heavy use, mainly at the gym and i plug it into logic 3 speakers at home which also charge it.

The warrantly is up and i don't feel inclined to buy another ipod. If i buy another mp3 player how can i put my music on (which is all uploaded on itunes). Really don't understand music files and their different formats. Has anyone any ideas or any time to think about this? I would really appreciate some advice.

Can anyone give me advice please. I bought an ipod mini approx 20 months ago. After about 6 months it just packed in, i took it back to the shop and they shipped it off to apple who then replaced it with a new one.

Now that one has packed in. It doesn't get heavy use, mainly at the gym and i plug it into logic 3 speakers at home which also charge it.

The warrantly is up and i don't feel inclined to buy another ipod. If i buy another mp3 player how can i put my music on (which is all uploaded on itunes). Really don't understand music files and their different formats. Has anyone any ideas or any time to think about this? I would really appreciate some advice.

From my experience ipod's kinda suck. I recommend that you buy the creative Zen Vision M, see below:

Creative Zen Vision M

I cost me around £180.00 its the best on the market, it can store around 120 hours worth of video and 15,000 songs its better than the ipod video a lot better. I really can't see where MP3 players can now go after this as it has everything from a radio to video, the only thing that they can do is offer more space. But who really needs 15,000 songs and 120 hours worth of video? Let alone anything more.

Its my understanding that it doesn't matter that you downloaded music from i-tunes it should play on any MP3 player? Although saying that I have never used the program.

Hope this helps

Thanks s.d. - will look into. Do you think it would be compatible with speakers for ipod? probably not - not with the way my luck goes!

Thats a grey area i believe.

Depends on the make of the speakers, if they were made by Apple then no. If they were made by a third party then its possible.

As many thrid parties make speakers that are compatible with other MP3 players, as Creative are big in the MP3 player market, then there is a good chance.

i would also check out ipodresq.com

i dropped my ipod and busted the screen the other day - unfortunately i broke down and bought a new one before i found this site... seems like they have pretty resonable prices and they can upgrade the hard drive in minis, which is def. cool

Thanks s.d. - will look into. Do you think it would be compatible with speakers for ipod? probably not - not with the way my luck goes!

Look on the back of the speakers, it may have a 'Line In' socket, if it does then you can buy a cable for 99p to use the speakers with your new player - but you'd have to charge them independently.

R.

Thanks for all your suggestions - they really help. Think will just get new player. speakers do have line in so looks as if i can sort that to. Thanks all. rock3

You need something like this:

(You can get them way cheaper than this)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/0-5m-Angled-3-5mm-Mi...1QQcmdZViewItem

R.

Edited by x_Estranged_x