who is better

bbbbb

i think nirvana they rock more rock1

"Who's better?", "they rock more".... Can't argue with that..... :rolleyes:

THINK before you post next time. First you've been here over a year and this thread belong in MY WORLD. Second, If you can't come up with anything more intelligent than "better", "vs." or "cooler" as a topic, don't post at all. Same thing goes for your braindead six word sentence. Also, if you're going to compare two bands, a good idea is to pick two who play the same type of music. :book:

Btw, your signature is pretty fucked up in case you havn't noticed...

i think nirvana they rock more rock1

"Who's better?", "they rock more".... Can't argue with that..... :rolleyes:

THINK before you post next time. First you've been here over a year and this thread belong in MY WORLD. Second, If you can't come up with anything more intelligent than "better", "vs." or "cooler" as a topic, don't post at all. Same thing goes for your braindead six word sentence. Also, if you're going to compare two bands, a good idea is to pick two who play the same type of music. :book:

Btw, your signature is pretty fucked up in case you havn't noticed...

Woah....harsh :P....but true.

Yeah umm....Nirvana

I already answered, but I'll elaborate. Nirvana led something of a musical revolution, which, in my opinion, was total crap. Their music was quite uncreative and resorted to artsy pretensions to make up its shortcomings.

The members:

Billie Joe vs. Kurt: Kurt was a good songwriter, but he's overrated as hell, there was no real sense of fun in his music, and it was all quite depressing. Billie Joe, on the other hand, incorporated a sense of fun and entertainment into his writing. Billie Joe is also very versatile; he can write humorous songs about teenage boredom, a classic fun song like 'Basket Case' about one's mental health and state of mind, and then he can turn around and write a vicious political commentary with insanely funny irony and lots of punning. IMO, Billie-Joe has clearly shown a ton more versatility in songwriting than Kurt. Kurt was a moron and killed himself so we will never know how good he COULD have become. Billie Joe wins this battle. As guitarists, Billie Joe is better and created more and better riffs.

Bass: Mike Dirnt vs. Krist Novoselic: Mike Dirnt has to win this. Krist was a good bass player, but he never really quite wrote basslines as good as Dirnt. Green Day has always kept the rythm going through most of their songs, and the bass is really audible, Mike Dirnt is a master bassist, proof of this is "Longview", and any of the slower tempo songs.

Drums: Tre Cool vs. Dave Grohl: I pick Dave right off the bat because he doesn't have the silliest rockstar name in history. However, I'll still elaborate, while Green Day have a much better rythm section and Cool combines magnificently with Dirnt, Dave Grohl is, hands down, the best drummer of the 90's, the guy is really a masterclass in drumming and the only reason I actually still listen to Nirvana.

As a unit, Green Day are much better, as individuals, Green Day are also better than Nirvana, except for drums.

The anthems: Basket Case vs. Smells Like Teen Spirit. One is really angry, and is the epitome of teenage angst and anger, the other is a fun way to let out anger and frustration. SLTS relies on 'cryptic', pretentious, angry lyrics and is really just a way to vent out anger. Basket Case is so, so, so much more. Basket Case is one of the best songs which deals with the subject of boredom and teenage frustration. It's instantly a memorable sing along. The lyrics are funny, inspired, and above all, FUN, something that was seriously missing from the music scene at the time. People act like SLTS was THE epitome of a musical revolution, but it wasn't. Gn'R had already done the angry act, Metallica had, Megadeth had, and they all did it better than Nirvana and with more wit and style. Basket Case, on the other hand, singlehandedly brought fun back into the music scene.

Green Day win this.