bumblefoot shit

quadlaser

i've been working real hard for awhile now to get some of the tunes off of ron thal's oldest album, this album (the adventures of BBF) is out of print, and was put out under the name ron thal. the album's going for a hundred bucks or so on ebay, and ron said he's been getting letters saying that they're fakes.

here's the tunes: fistulous withers, malignant carbuncle, scrapie, rinderpest, and ick. if nothing else, you MUST listen to the 1st 2 tunes, especially malignant carbuncle- you'll never hear anything as strange, raw and beautiful. i've got some other rare shit if you want it too, just lemme know.

if you listen to these tunes with an open mind, you just may have a new favorite guitarist.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...A6B6BE5132B63D0

well, discuss.

Edited by quadlaser

Everybody in the world should hear "Rinderpest". What a truly sublime track.

"Malignant Carbuncle" sounds like stuff I get by hitting random keys on a keyboard, but it's not bad. I'll get back to you once I hear the rest.

"Fistulous Withers" is another run of the mill pentatonic track for the first few minutes, I've heard lots of better stuff. It's good once the oooohhhhhs and stop and the trippy tapping shit starts.

Edited by adnan

"Malignant Carbuncle" sounds like stuff I get by hitting random keys on a keyboard, but it's not bad.

true, i love it though, guitar's don't usually sound like that.

i forgot to mention the 2nd half of "fistulous withers" (the part where he says, "this next song is a poem that's special to me) is actually a code to a real poem, i forget how it works, but it's fucking crazy. something to do with notes representing letters- some dude cracked it over at the BBF forum if anyone's interested.

I didn't like "Fistulous Withers" much.

"NORMAL" is a great, great track. Guitars, rythm, lyrics, everything. Superb.

I'll get back to this when I hear "Scrapie" and "Flamenco".

I loved "Scrapie" and "Flamenco", they're both really great.

This guy's a fucking genius.

• 7 months later...