Son de Cuba

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Any fans of the Buena Vista Social Club album, it's stars Compay Segundo, Ibrahim Ferrer, Ruben Gonzalez etc., or the Son style in general?

I'm a big fan.

Any fans of the Buena Vista Social Club album, it's stars Compay Segundo, Ibrahim Ferrer, Ruben Gonzalez etc., or the Son style in general?

I'm a big fan.

My father has had that CD in his car for years, so either I like it or the trips suck. :book:

But yeah, it's good music. I don't know if you have already done it, but check out Ibrahim Ferrer's solo album, it's really really good.

I'm a big fan.

My father has had that CD in his car for years, so either I like it or the trips suck. :book:

But yeah, it's good music. I don't know if you have already done it, but check out Ibrahim Ferrer's solo album, it's really really good.

I've got one of his solo albums, it's called Tierra Caliente, I don't have the one that came out just after Buena Vista Social Club however.

I'm a big fan.

I've got one of his solo albums, it's called Tierra Caliente, I don't have the one that came out just after Buena Vista Social Club however.

The last one you mentioned is the one I have.

What do you think of the one you own? Better than "Buena Vista Social Club"?

Edited by worldwideboss

I'm a big fan.

No way, it's just such a good album, whenever all of those artists are on one album it's unparalleled. Tierra Caliente is great though, alot of horns, almost like Ibrahim with a big band. But since it's so different from American Jazz I wouldn't call it that.

I'm a big fan.

No way, it's just such a good album, whenever all of those artists are on one album it's unparalleled. Tierra Caliente is great though, alot of horns, almost like Ibrahim with a big band. But since it's so different from American Jazz I wouldn't call it that.

Sounds good, I might check it out in the near future.

If you want to hear some good Cuban music, you should look for La Sonora Matancera. Not only did they play just son, but they had so many different and diverse musicians that all brought something unique. If you like son, you should really check them out.

If you want to hear some good Cuban music, you should look for La Sonora Matancera. Not only did they play just son, but they had so many different and diverse musicians that all brought something unique. If you like son, you should really check them out.

Alright, will do.