The "Complain About The Set-list & Suggest Your Own" Thread

Jackamo!

It's been done over & over again, might as well put it in one thread.

I'll start by saying the set-list is pretty dul with all those solos no matter how good the solos are.

There's no ''flow'' and none-gnr fans lose interest quickly.

So HERE'S what SHOULD BE:

THE PERFECT NEW GUNS N' ROSES CONCERT

Featuring. Izzy Stradlin & Bach

01. "Welcome to the Jungle"

Although "Nightrain" or "Perfect Crime" were both good openers back in the 90's, "WTTJ" is good enough for the new-line up ever since I seen last nights show & the ENERGY. A reconizable hit is always the best way to start a show, because a new or less popular song would just confuse the none-hardcore crowd.

02. "Double Talkin' Jive" ft. Izzy Stradlin

03. "You Gotta Move" or "Light My Fire" Band Jam ft. Izzy Stradlin

After the opening hit, it's time for a treat for the long time fans. Izzy comes on stage with a very short intro and they kick into a song from the illusions. Afterwards, instead of Izzy leaving right away they stay and perform a short cover-song jam.

03. "Robin Solo/ Sweet Child O' Mine"

04. "You Could Be Mine"

Robin gets his little solo in, but before the crowd loses interest in the show, they kick into not one, but two familiar hits.

05. "I.R.S"

It's time for a new song, remember this tour is suppose to be promoting "Chinese Democracy" the crowd needs to hear something. I.R.S has a nice energy flow and will blend right in after a few solid hits like SCOM or YCBM.

06. "Band Introductions"

07. "Fortus/Finck Guitar Duet"

It's time to introduce the band, and Axl will need a short break about now so Fortus & Finck play the "Beautiful" Duet.

08. "Patience"

09. "Used To Love Her" ft. Izzy Stradlin

10. "You're Crazy (Acoustic)"

The majority of the crowd is bored with the solo, so they need to play a hit. "Patience" followed with the followeing two tracks from "Lies". Izzy can come out & play "Used To Love Her". This is the acoustic part of the show.

11. "Instrumental Jam"

12. "Nightrain"

13. "Mr. Brownstone"

Axl will be tired after singing the acoustic set so he takes a short break when the band plays a jam. They need to come back with a vengeance so they kick in "Nightrain" & "Brownstone" it's like the concert's starting from the beginning again. The crowd can rock out again.

14. "Live & Let Die"

15. "Rocket Queen"

The new-line up can still score big with the McCartney cover. But instead of bringing out the piano and going into "The Blues" or "November Rain", they switch it up and play "Rocket Queen" which is an underground favorite of the band from their debut.

16. "Axl Speaks/Pitman Solo"

17. "Chinese Democracy"

It's time for Axl to rant about something and take a little break when Chris Pitman jams on the synth.

Then they play "Chinese Democracy" with the new intro.

18. "It's So Easy"

19. "Out Ta Get Me"

20. "My Michelle"

After taking a break & playing a new song, it's time to take it back to 87' with "ISO" & "OTGM"! They need to keep on rocking. Bach comes out and does a duet on My Michelle.

21. "Bumblefoot Solo"

22. "Knockin On Heaven's Door

Ron gives axl a break and plays Don't Cry, but then Axl comes back with a nice sing-along to a won-over crowd. At the end he says 'good-night'.

ENCORE

23. "Robin Solo/Better"

24. "Madagascar"

25. "Paradise City"

Robin comes back out and does another solo, then guns od the encore of "Better" & "Madagascar" along with the older track "Paradise City". He says 'good-night' for real this time to a hyped-up crowd.

rock4

You added 7 solo's mate! Cut it in half and ten songs from AFD is too much. Add Locomotive or some of the more obscure UYI tunes. I don't want to see the same show I saw in 88. I agree with dropping NR, but I'd keep the Blues. Possibly add TWAT. Still, I like where you are headed with it for the most part.

Edited by fantomas

Your setlist sucks.

1.One song as an opener and then right away a guest doesn't make any sense.

2.A coversong as the second song doesn't really work, and a jam session as the second song doesn't work at all!

3.A Guitar solo as the third song, plus a ballad as the third song doesn't work.

So far you've killed the momentum of the opener.

4.Band introductions after only 5 songs is stupid. It kills the momentum even more.

5.Another guitar solo after 2 songs doesn't work. The perfect example would be the current GnR set. The crowd is dead.

6.Please no instrumental jam with this band, they're not up for it.

7.No more Axl rants please.

Your setlist wouldn't work at all. All the solo's don't work in the current set, so why would they work in a setlist that's even worse?

A perfect set would be something like this.

1.Welcome To The Jungle

2.It's So Easy

3.Mr. Brownstone

4.Live And Let Die

5.The Blues

6.You Could Be Mine

7.Patience

8.Sweet Child O' Mine

9.I.R.S.

10.November Rain

11.Band Introduction

12.Better

13.My Michelle

14.Out Ta Get Me

15.Bumblefoot Solo

16.Knockin' On Heaven's Door

17.Rocket Queen

18.Nightrain

Encore:

19.Madagascar

20.Chinese Democracy

21.Paradise City

No guitar solo's, no silly rants, just music. That's the way it worked in the eighties, that's the way it worked in the nineties, and that's the way it still works nowadays.