New Jersey and New York City

Zint

Guest cherry_bomb

what neighbourhood is it in? :unsure: i know im being retarded but i know bugger all about american cities!

Which show, MSG or Continental?

MSG is pretty much in the busiest area of NYC, on Broadway.

Continental is in East Rutherford, NJ which really has nothing to offer but the venue itself, it is a town in the lower part of Bergen County, NJ

MSg show. ah ok, so hotels would be expensive in that area right? if i can go, im gonna need help from a new yorker :unsure:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're not that bad for a single night stay. nov 10 is not a hot time (no holidays, long weekends, etc); you should be able to find something reasonable

Actually Novemeber is a pretty busy time in the city. Already gearing up for the holidays.

Any hotel , especially in midtown is going to be a bit expensive that time of the year. Probably more than what people who came in May for the Hammerstein shows paid.

It would be nice to have some sort of definitive information, though.

....is the correct answer.

Didn't Merck say that there will be a tour announcement sometime this week? Or was I hallucinatin' things...

Yes. Yes he did.

what neighbourhood is it in? :unsure: i know im being retarded but i know bugger all about american cities!

Use tripadvisor.com

I used it for the warm up shows in May and it was very useful

DEFINITELY use this site if you are booking a hotel room. Honest reviews by people who have stayed there so you don't end up in the Roach Motel. I always use it when booking a trip-

Manhattan is an 8 mile island and cab fare isn't that bad, no matter where you stay you won't be that far away but if you or anyone need any help with NY issues I can do my best to help you.

Also if you are coming in and not familiar with the area and want to use the Subway, it does stop right under MSG at Penn Station and you don't even have to walk outside to get to the venue.

I personally would not recommend anyone take the subway back after the show...

Oh, it's not that bad! Just look really crazy and talk to yourself and no one will bother ya.

Besides, after a show at MSG there are usually tons of showgoers on the Subway-

I wouldn't advise it otherwise late at night.

Oh, it's not that bad! Just look really crazy and talk to yourself and no one will bother ya.

:laugh: Ha, I know it's sick, but I have actually done that in the past. Before the days of having my own car or being able to afford a cab.

No doubt Penn would be packed, but depending on where you're going the crowd starts to thin.

The subway would be the best bet before the show, definitely. Trying to get around in a cab during rush hour is just brutal anyways. But after the show, it'll be at least 1:00am, trains run shitty, especially if you have to transfer at another stop. I do think the best bet, for a few dollars more is to cab it back.

Or the ideal scenario is that people get rooms near the Garden and just walk it.

:laugh: Ha, I know it's sick, but I have actually done that in the past. Before the days of having my own car or being able to afford a cab.

No doubt Penn would be packed, but depending on where you're going the crowd starts to thin.

The subway would be the best bet before the show, definitely. Trying to get around in a cab during rush hour is just brutal anyways. But after the show, it'll be at least 1:00am, trains run shitty, especially if you have to transfer at another stop. I do think the best bet, for a few dollars more is to cab it back.

Or the ideal scenario is that people get rooms near the Garden and just walk it.

Yea, the crowd that gets on/off at 42nd street can be pretty iffy! You don't want to have to transfer trains there at 1am. I would reccomend a cab for this hour as well, unless you are nuts like me. I personally drive in and park near 81 and CPW which is mostly residential and take the subway from there to avoid parking garage fees.

Guest cherry_bomb
shit....ok i dont have 10,000 posts and im not a member for over a year....is there any point in me asking for the NJ password or do i just have to chance my arm on ticketbastard?

no one has passwords yet. i think...

Guest cherry_bomb

aye, new york is looking pricey. gonna have to stay in a hostel at this rate :(

come on merck! want some more LA dates.

Hostel?? Haven't you seen the movie!

Why not go to the Jersey show Cher?! It's a lovely place really and hotels would be cheapier, you can crash in my dorm. :xmasschef:

what movie? :unsure:

to be honest, i dont really know what new jersey has to offer! :question::laugh: im sure it is lovely! but i wanna be at an nyc show incase theres an acoustic show :P but thanks for the offer! :heart:

Why not go to the Jersey show Cher?! It's a lovely place really and hotels would be cheapier, you can crash in my dorm. :xmasschef:

to be honest, i dont really know what new jersey has to offer! :question::laugh: im sure it is lovely! but i wanna be at an nyc show incase theres an acoustic show :P but thanks for the offer! :heart:

Hostel is one of the most vile and disgusting horror movies I have ever seen.

NJ doesn't have much to offer besides the fact that it is close to NY. Trivia states NJ is the most congested state in the nation regarding people vs. square footage. They also have better gas prices!

NJ doesn't have much to offer besides the fact that it is close to NY.

Please!

Six Flags, Jersey Shore, Giants Stadium... we have plenty of good shit here.

Pump my gas bitch!

Just a little patience... If you are lucky enough to be selected for the pre-sale you will recieve an e-mail. Last time, I got the first e-mail (which they later changed) a little after midnight the day of the sale. They then sent me the new one (because people were abusing and selling the first) only 30 minutes before the pre-sale began. Good luck to everyone and remember to support forum members if they can't get tickets.

aye, new york is looking pricey. gonna have to stay in a hostel at this rate

Why not go to the Jersey show Cher?! It's a lovely place really and hotels would be cheapier, you can crash in my dorm.

what movie?

NJ doesn't have much to offer besides the fact that it is close to NY.

Please!

Six Flags, Jersey Shore, Giants Stadium... we have plenty of good shit here.

Pump my gas bitch!

:o

I am teasing hon, relax! I love Pt. Pleasant the best actually. Very nice and clean for an east coast beach! And I am still planning on getting on El Toro before the season ends! Have just been too busy this summer! :wub:

On point, good luck to all those trying to get tix :)