Work in progress -opinions?

Very, very good. The two parts are really catchy and you are obviously a very talented guitar player.

The only thing I thought was about the first solo - i just really liked listening to the guitar and was a bit surprised when the solo happened.

Of course that is my own silly opinion tho.

rock1

Keep it up!

Thanx for the nice comments, I'll keep working and let you know the end result.

kropotkin, I was thinking the same thing...I don't really like how the "solo" begins. But everything is pretty much frist take right now. But I'm gonna work on a better beginning for the solo

You were channeling Jeff Beck there! Great work! rock4

Haha yeah, i was tryign to put a name on that style, and yeah i agree. Very Jeff Beck, but hey, Jeff Beck is fucking cool so thats all good.

Maybe you could keep the quiter, start bit going for longer, have a verse sung over that, then kick into the rocking part for the chorus with a solo after? just an idea.

Holy Fuck Yeah! rock3 I just can't understand why bands today don't have this type of solos anymore.

Are you in any band by the way?

Nope, not in a band at the moment... trying to put something together though...just started going to University about 2 months ago..

Funny thing, I'm ashamed to say I've never actually listened to Jeff Beck....Although my 2 favourite guitarists where inspired by his stuff (Brian May, and Slash)...

Haha yeah, i was tryign to put a name on that style, and yeah i agree. Very Jeff Beck, but hey, Jeff Beck is fucking cool so thats all good.

Maybe you could keep the quiter, start bit going for longer, have a verse sung over that, then kick into the rocking part for the chorus with a solo after? just an idea.

Already done....well except for the singing...I think I'll leave that to someone else .. :P