The Killers- Sam's Town

adnan

I like it, they have their own sound which is cool.

I think its better than Hot Fuss.

Hot Fuss had some good songs, but it didn't sound like an album should, more like a compilation.

Alot of today's albums dont have that cohesive feel that an album should have, they feel more like a collection of songs. There are of course exceptions. Sam's Town defantly does tie all together very well i think.

Btw off topic, listerning to Born in the USA atm, much more pop, but fucking hell it rules!

I like it, they have their own sound which is cool.

I think its better than Hot Fuss.

Hot Fuss had some good songs, but it didn't sound like an album should, more like a compilation.

Alot of today's albums dont have that cohesive feel that an album should have, they feel more like a collection of songs. There are of course exceptions. Sam's Town defantly does tie all together very well i think.

Btw off topic, listerning to Born in the USA atm, much more pop, but fucking hell it rules!

Yeah there's definitely a lot of pop in it, but the songwriting is immense, so it makes up for it.

I think "Working on the Highway" is an immense song, about equal to the big three off that album (Dancing in the Dark, Born in the USA, Glory Days). The bit in the middle where Bruce holds that note then the music comes back in is fantastic.

Just listening to it again, on a higher volume than before. The production and mixing are simply amazing! You can hear every guitar chord, every keyboard note, every drum beat, every bass string that's played. Crystal clear. Flowers' vocals are better, the songs are far better written than the ones on Hot Fuss, and the band is more realized and comfortable. The guitars are as aggressive as on Hot Fuss, but the synth is clearer and pushed more to the forefront. Quite great really. Sometimes they borrow too much from the Boss lyrically, to the point of imitation sometimes (Read My Mind, for example), but it's still very, very good.

I must be the only guy who hasn't got into the Killers at all - and this is after hearing an album and a half's worth of material.

no, your not alone. I listened to the killers a little and I dont see what the big fuss is about. I dont think they are that good. they are an ok band, but theyre not what everyone is making them out to be.

I must be the only guy who hasn't got into the Killers at all - and this is after hearing an album and a half's worth of material.

no, your not alone. I listened to the killers a little and I dont see what the big fuss is about. I dont think they are that good. they are an ok band, but theyre not what everyone is making them out to be.

Agreed! They are not all that people crack them up to be.. A few belting riffs and some decent sing-a-long choruses but nothing completely original and ingenious..

xDSGx