Recording guitar via USB

OK, there's no actual way you can make a cable like that on your own. That cable is an audio interface, and what it does is it converts the analog signal from the guitar to a digital signal that is then transmitted to the computer via USB. You can take a look around the internet and see if there are any USB audio interfaces cheaper than that one. Once you get a USB audio interface, you can use it with just about any recording software.

That StealthPlug actually looks pretty cool, and it comes with AmpliTube, which is an amp modeling program.

Get them off some torrent site

I will. But I need the Guitar>PC cable first ;)

OK, there's no actual way you can make a cable like that on your own. That cable is an audio interface, and what it does is it converts the analog signal from the guitar to a digital signal that is then transmitted to the computer via USB. You can take a look around the internet and see if there are any USB audio interfaces cheaper than that one. Once you get a USB audio interface, you can use it with just about any recording software.

I had a look and didnt find anywhere selling just the guitar>USB cable :unsure: does the stealth plug site sell the cable on its own? I had a quick look but didnt see it :question:

I had a look and didnt find anywhere selling just the guitar>USB cable :unsure: does the stealth plug site sell the cable on its own? I had a quick look but didnt see it :question:

There are no guitar>USB cables. That's what the little box on the StealthPlug does; it converts the sound of the guitar to digital, and then sends it to the computer via USB. I looked, and it doesn't look like it's sold on its own.

If you're looking for the cheapest way to get audio into your computer, then you should check out the M-Audio Jamlab. I've never used it, so I don't know how well it works, but I own and have used many other M-Audio products and I have no complaints about them.

The Jamlab is basically the same thing as the StealthPlug, except it doesn't have a built in guitar cable (which is actually better). And it's pretty cheap too. M-Audio's products are always compatible with the most popular recording software, so you shouldn't have any connectivity problems with it.

M-Audio Jamlab

There are no guitar>USB cables. That's what the little box on the StealthPlug does; it converts the sound of the guitar to digital, and then sends it to the computer via USB. I looked, and it doesn't look like it's sold on its own.

If you're looking for the cheapest way to get audio into your computer, then you should check out the M-Audio Jamlab. I've never used it, so I don't know how well it works, but I own and have used many other M-Audio products and I have no complaints about them.

The Jamlab is basically the same thing as the StealthPlug, except it doesn't have a built in guitar cable (which is actually better). And it's pretty cheap too. M-Audio's products are always compatible with the most popular recording software, so you shouldn't have any connectivity problems with it.

M-Audio Jamlab

ohh im with ya and thanks for the link :heart:

So yeah k ill put it on my wish list..

One last thing.. which software would you recommend? :)

cubase is what i used on my 2 week music course, but its more for producing and the likes, very professional

as for the usb, it looks like a basic one you have there, i suggest getting proper software

my guitar teacher got a small piece of equipment on the line6 site for home guitar recoording, it was about 250 euros and it had the computer sofware too complete with effects. i used it once and it kicked ass