Lucinda Williams - Car wheels on a gravel road

Nightrain_Kid

Thanks to Ohdistortedsmile for suggesting this album, its brilliant. Not sure how well known she is but please tell me there are other fans on here? A real gritty bluesy album about heartache and loss

Lucinda finally gets some props here! Car Wheels is an absolute masterpiece in every way. She's pretty well-known amongst serious music fans, but she'll never be on MTV or commercial radio-she's too country for most rock fans and too real for most (modern) country fans. I don't think she gives a fuck-she just wants to continue to put out great music.

I've seen her live twice and she always has a kick-ass backing band. Even if you're not a particular fan of country/rock, she is amazing and everyone should give this album a chance.

Damn, almost missed my 1000th post.

Edited by bax

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I got that album and I think it's great. Lucinda Willams is no Emmylou Harris though.

The hell she isn't, Emmylou isn't half the writer Lucinda is.

I got that album and I think it's great. Lucinda Willams is no Emmylou Harris though.

For you maybe.

For me it's the best album of the 90s.

I think you've lost it, let me know if you come across it...

Music is a very frustrating interest to have. I want to get this album but I'm currently lost in a haze of Rai, new wave and punk. It just won't fit. :(

I pity you. Truly. :rolleyes:

Lucinda Williams huh. Might've heard some of her songs. And she's country too. Goddammit, it's been a while since I've heard that.

*Heads off to Iso Hunt...* :xmasssanta:

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

For you maybe.

Emmylou's written the majority of 3 out of her 20 albums. Lucinda has written almost everything on every album but her debut. What a radical view I have. :huh:

Not to say she isn't an amazing singer.

For me it's the best album of the 90s.

I think you've lost it, let me know if you come across it...

Whatever.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789