CD RIAA explicit rating?

jah772

I was just thinking that most of the CD song demos we have heard don't really have explicit lyrics (aside from song titles like TWAT and some of the lyrical content of Silkworms) so I was wondering what everyone thinks the chances are of CD getting an Explicit Lyrics sticker.

Additionally, doesnt this process take time? Wouldn't we have heard by now from a RIAA press release or website if Chinese Democracy had been rated? What does this mean for pushing back the release tuesday to December?

I was just thinking that most of the CD song demos we have heard don't really have explicit lyrics (aside from song titles like TWAT and some of the lyrical content of Silkworms) so I was wondering what everyone thinks the chances are of CD getting an Explicit Lyrics sticker.

Additionally, doesnt this process take time? Wouldn't we have heard by now from a RIAA press release or website if Chinese Democracy had been rated? What does this mean for pushing back the release tuesday to December?

When did the RIAA start released press releases to say that they'd rated an album?

When did the RIAA start released press releases to say that they'd rated an album?

Got me there. I just checked the RIAA website, and I can't find a place where they list what they have deemed explicit. I just assumed that, like the MPAA, the RIAA would publicize all of their ratings for parental review.

Got me there. I just checked the RIAA website, and I can't find a place where they list what they have deemed explicit. I just assumed that, like the MPAA, the RIAA would publicize all of their ratings for parental review.

of course not, they spend their money suing customers. :rofl-lol:

i dont even think that rating crap matters to people anymore.

and if it does to you, youre a douchebag.

It probably matters to a lot of parents of middle school aged kids, but even the most lethal explicatives are pretty much the norm in modern lingo. I think overall Axls lyrics are a little softer on the four letter word front, and he has matured a bit, using metaphors and other speech devices to get his anger and frustration out in songs.

If the CD hasnt been reviewed yet, though, is there much chance of it being out in the next 3 or so weeks? and does the content we have heard so far merit an explicit rating.