Band Practice

Hey i have a band were called "Purple Veins" :) We practice at a studio were getting pretty good now and have come together well. But up to this point we have just been practicing through amps and no pa system. It still sounds great we have a guitarist (me) and a bassist , drummer and vocalist :) We want to start using a pa system but im not 100 % sure how the setup should be. So if anyone can sort of explain or draw there setup for me including equioptment neede i would be very grateful :)

Oh and by the way we are using marshall 100dfx i think :unsure: or sometimes we use am marshall stack , peavey 100 watt bass amp and tampa drum kit B) Any help given will be appreciated :D

im not 100% sure either but, i think when you buy a PA system thay are like big speakers and you will get mics with them and you put them on to the drums,bass amp, guitar amp etc and it all comes out the PA speakers really clearly because it evens the sound of all the instuments and thy all blend in together. if that any help

Hey i have a band were called "Purple Veins" :) We practice at a studio were getting pretty good now and have come together well. But up to this point we have just been practicing through amps and no pa system. It still sounds great we have a guitarist (me) and a bassist , drummer and vocalist :) We want to start using a pa system but im not 100 % sure how the setup should be. So if anyone can sort of explain or draw there setup for me including equioptment neede i would be very grateful :)

Oh and by the way we are using marshall 100dfx i think :unsure: or sometimes we use am marshall stack , peavey 100 watt bass amp and tampa drum kit B) Any help given will be appreciated :D

Nice name.

You will most likely get mics with it and all necessary leads.

Setup wise I'm not too sure. For practices just have the singer going through the PA. For gigs you may need drum mics depending on the venue

There's really no need to mike the amps unless you're playing a fairly large venue. For practices I only use mikes for vocals. The PA is going to color the tone from your amp somewhat and you may prefer it as it is-I do at least.