Harley Ad on actual TV (with Paradise City) on Sat

pilferk

I can't find mention of this so I thought I'd let you all know:

On Saturday, at about 2:30 PM EST, I stumbled across the "black sheep" Harley ad being aired on TNT. It was during a NASCAR race....I literaly stumbled on it while flipping channels. It's the full version currently on Harleydavidson.com, complete with Paradise City.

Just wondering if anyone else saw it anywhere else this weekend....

Edited by pilferk

When is "Better" going to return? :rolleyes:

Ah, I know, "soon", yeah, absolutely.

I guess the HD thing could mean the release of new single. Think about this, they cut the early version and promise put better "soon". This better will be the final studio version. I´m sure Better is the first single and it will appear on the official site and HD site at the same time... opinions?

GUNS N' ROSES LICENSES MUSIC TO HARLEY-DAVIDSON BLACK SHEEP

Monday, November 6, 2006 - Harley-Davidson Press Release

Guns N' Roses has licensed music to Harley-Davidson for a new television commercial, "Black Sheep." The commercial was shot in black and white and shows black sheep of various herds escaping and running wild while the Guns N' Roses hit, "Paradise City" plays in the background. At the end of the commercial, the black sheep end up at a Harley-Davidson motorcycle rally. This marks the first time Guns N' Roses has agreed to license one of their songs for a commercial.

The "Black Sheep" commercial, featuring "Paradise City," will air during Busch Grand National and Nextel Cup Races October 8 through November 19. An alternative version, launching early November, premieres the new, exclusive, unreleased Guns N' Roses track "Better" from their new album, "Chinese Democracy," which will be released later this year.

To view the Black Sheep ad, check out: www.harley-davidson.com

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/archive...ext__index.html

Guns N' Roses has licensed music to Harley-Davidson for a new television commercial, "Black Sheep." The commercial was shot in black and white and shows black sheep of various herds escaping and running wild while the Guns N' Roses hit, "Paradise City" plays in the background. At the end of the commercial, the black sheep end up at a Harley-Davidson motorcycle rally. This marks the first time Guns N' Roses has agreed to license one of their songs for a commercial.

The "Black Sheep" commercial, featuring "Paradise City," will air during Busch Grand National and Nextel Cup Races October 8 through November 19. An alternative version, launching early November, premieres the new, exclusive, unreleased Guns N' Roses track "Better" from their new album, "Chinese Democracy," which will be released later this year.

hmm, another glimmer of hope

hmm, another glimmer of hope

Perhaps, but what in the hell are they waiting for-maybe for it to be released as a single/video?

why would they do that for

Because management asked them to remove any discussion of it, awhile back. They agreed to do it. And they haven't heard that that request has changed. But one of the mods is checking, now, to see whether things changed or not.

There's a thread on the subject at HTGTH in the admin feedback section and a mod replied.

why would they do that for

Because management asked them to remove any discussion of it, awhile back. They agreed to do it. And they haven't heard that that request has changed. But one of the mods is checking, now, to see whether things changed or not.

There's a thread on the subject at HTGTH in the admin feedback section and a mod replied.

i think the BETTER question is WHY would management make such a request???

Initially because the ad came to light too soon...before the i's had been dotted, the t's crossed, and the "airing" supposed to begin (the "Better" version, that is, which was the crux of the request, I think).

Now? Because I suspect they haven't been recontacted for more information so the HTGTH mods are simply adhering to the previous request.

I don't think there is any great bit of info here, and certainly nothing on which to found speculation that the album is not on the track management expects, and has sort of explained (by the end of the year).

Initially because the ad came to light too soon...before the i's had been dotted, the t's crossed, and the "airing" supposed to begin (the "Better" version, that is, which was the crux of the request, I think).

Now? Because I suspect they haven't been recontacted for more information so the HTGTH mods are simply adhering to the previous request.

I don't think there is any great bit of info here, and certainly nothing on which to found speculation that the album is not on the track management expects, and has sort of explained (by the end of the year).

Clearly the song would not have been handed over to HD until all the necessary legal stuff was handled. It may or may not have anything to do with the album's release, but I can only imagine that there was a last minute request made by management to HD to hold the Better ad back and they allowed Paradise City to be used temporarily as a compromise. The reason for such a request and the behavior of mods at other forums is beyond me, but clearly management got to someone.