Harley Davidson Press Release

TheWildheart

GUNS N' ROSES LICENSES MUSIC TO HARLEY-DAVIDSON BLACK SHEEP

Monday, November 6, 2006 - Harley-Davidson Press Release

Guns N' Roses has licensed music to Harley-Davidson for a new television commercial, "Black Sheep." The commercial was shot in black and white and shows black sheep of various herds escaping and running wild while the Guns N' Roses hit, "Paradise City" plays in the background. At the end of the commercial, the black sheep end up at a Harley-Davidson motorcycle rally. This marks the first time Guns N' Roses has agreed to license one of their songs for a commercial.

The "Black Sheep" commercial, featuring "Paradise City," will air during Busch Grand National and Nextel Cup Races October 8 through November 19. An alternative version, launching early November, premieres the new, exclusive, unreleased Guns N' Roses track "Better" from their new album, "Chinese Democracy," which will be released later this year.

credit: Brock @ HTGTH

Edited by TheWildheart

It's nice to see another "this year" comment, even if they are becoming less and less meaningful as Chinese Democracy fails to hit ourshelves yet again.

Still, if the ad actually is shown with 'Better', I think that marks the official start of the promotion of the album.

The wording is kind of vague...

It says the "Paradise City" version airs through Nov. 19, with "Better" premiering in early November. They don't specify they're both going to air for a few weeks (which is entirely possible) or if "Better" won't be aired until the "PC" one runs its course.

GUNS N' ROSES LICENSES MUSIC TO HARLEY-DAVIDSON BLACK SHEEP

Monday, November 6, 2006 - Harley-Davidson Press Release

Guns N' Roses has licensed music to Harley-Davidson for a new television commercial, "Black Sheep." The commercial was shot in black and white and shows black sheep of various herds escaping and running wild while the Guns N' Roses hit, "Paradise City" plays in the background. At the end of the commercial, the black sheep end up at a Harley-Davidson motorcycle rally. This marks the first time Guns N' Roses has agreed to license one of their songs for a commercial.

The "Black Sheep" commercial, featuring "Paradise City," will air during Busch Grand National and Nextel Cup Races October 8 through November 19. An alternative version, launching early November, premieres the new, exclusive, unreleased Guns N' Roses track "Better" from their new album, "Chinese Democracy," which will be released later this year.

credit: Brock @ HTGTH

If you can't believe the word of a sheep, than this just isn't the world I want to live in. -_-

reading all the Harley info and processing the data, my mind has spat out the following thoughts:

_ 19th November 2006 = a Sunday _

_ 20th November 2006 = a Monday _ the start of a new week. *maybe* Harley can air Better :)

_ 21st November 2006 = a Tuesday _ the day they release new albums on (apparently) *maybe* CD will hit the shelves _

_ 28th November 2006 = a Tueday - the day they release new albums on (apparently) *maybe* CD will hit the shelves _

_ The 28th is looking good as the Harley add might generate some Gn'R buzz _ If the 28th don't the release of the album _ then *maybe* the 28th will see the release of a single *maybe* Better _ _ _ _

_

_

Edited by dobadog

Typical, the hooray for tolerance!s at HTGH deleted my original posting and about 20 follow ups LOL

That place is so lame its beyond belief

I was banned from HTDGTH for mentioning the Harley ad (i posted a link to the site) :laugh:

Typical, the hooray for tolerance!s at HTGH deleted my original posting and about 20 follow ups LOL

That place is so lame its beyond belief

I was banned from HTDGTH for mentioning the Harley ad (i posted a link to the site) :laugh:

Ha, really? That place sucks major balls. I stopped visiting that place years ago.

Posted this (well, actually created, before the PR came out) in another thread:

On Saturday, at about 2:30 PM EST, I stumbled across the "black sheep" Harley ad being aired on TNT. It was during a NASCAR race....I literaly stumbled on it while flipping channels. It's the full version currently on Harleydavidson.com, complete with Paradise City.

Just wondering if anyone else saw it anywhere else this weekend....

Thanks for the info. Yep, as usual the high and mighty spin doctors have deleted all discussions of this official press release on a different forum we all know and love (and hate sometimes).

Yeah, they just deleted a second thread at HTGTH.

In their defense (sorta...not that it's a good excuse)...the mods are doing what jarmo asked them to do initially. He's travelling (stateside, now, I think), I guess, so it's tough to contact him and he hasn't been on the board since the 4th. I'm not sure, given the official PR, that jarmo would be quite so strict now...but maybe he would.

I did send a PM to jarmo yesterday, telling him what I'd seen on Saturday, and asking if it was OK to talk about but he (obviously, since he hasn't been on) hasn't gotten back to me.