GN'R Were Supposed To Be In 'School of Rock'???

GNR'R

I don't think that's true. Ridley Scott wanted WTTJ for BLACK HAWK DOWN and Axl said he'd only sign off on the rights if they'd use a re-recorded version with the new lineup. It never came to fruition because Ridley wanted the original version.

Wow. Ridley Scott is s dumb ass. He could have a Pitman version of WTTJ in his movie and he turned it down? L-A-M-E! No wonder that movie tanked.

I don't think that's true. Ridley Scott wanted WTTJ for BLACK HAWK DOWN and Axl said he'd only sign off on the rights if they'd use a re-recorded version with the new lineup. It never came to fruition because Ridley wanted the original version.

That was cool of Scott. He knew exactly what he wanted which was the real thing and he wasn't going to putz around with some remake. Must've been pleased with that decision after hearing that atrocious Big Daddy SCOM version. :blink:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

That was cool of Scott. He knew exactly what he wanted which was the real thing and he wasn't going to putz around with some remake. Must've been pleased with that decision after hearing that atrocious Big Daddy SCOM version. :blink:

That version isn;t all redone. It's only fromthe solo on thats redone. And it was good. Before the solo it was from paris 92' i think.

A8R

Wow. Ridley Scott is s dumb ass. He could have a Pitman version of WTTJ in his movie and he turned it down? L-A-M-E! No wonder that movie tanked.

Wiki:

As of May 2006, Black Hawk Down has grossed (USD) $108,638,745 in the United States and $64,350,906 elsewhere, for a worldwide gross of $172,989,651.[1] The film ranked 154th on the United States box office on its opening day, taking in an estimated $179,823, however it rose to 24th by the end of the weekend, taking in an estimated total of $28,611,736.

You are wrong it was slash and duff who wouldnt sign off on the new version of WTTJ. They said use the AFD one or none. So Axl say none.

you are one stupid little twat ridley scott wanted the film to be as close to real events as possible as it is based on a true story you fucking idiot and on the chopper the soldiers had welcome to the jungle playing to pump them up for battle so the song obviously meant a lot to the ones going into battle, and that stupid fucker axl rose stopped it cause they wouldnt use the poor cover of a classic tune, he should have been fucking honoured and not flew into a childish tantrum like he did, get your facts right you snotty little shit.

You are wrong it was slash and duff who wouldnt sign off on the new version of WTTJ. They said use the AFD one or none. So Axl say none. Scott never said he wouldnt take the new version.

Allen, I know the Big Daddy version wasn't all redone and the results are not good. Axl in particular sounds horrific.

THAT version in THAT MOVIE goes a long ways toward dispelling Axl having such high integrity with the back catalog like so many like to think. He was willing to use the old material if his new guys could re-record, and to put out that POS version of a classic sucked.

Black Hawk Down was a kick ass movie and a critical-box office success. WTTJ would've been a great fit, too bad it didn't work out...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

You are wrong it was slash and duff who wouldnt sign off on the new version of WTTJ. They said use the AFD one or none. So Axl say none.

and can you blame them they did play a part in writing the tune only to let a cover band get the glory for it.

Allen, I know it wasn't all redone and the results are not good. Axl in particular sounds horrific.

THAT version in THAT MOVIE goes a long ways toward dispelling Axl having such high integrity with the back catalog like so many like to think. He was willing to use the old material if his new guys could re-record and to put out that POS version of a classic...

Black Hawk Down was a kick ass movie and a critical-box office success. WTTJ would've been a great fit, too bad it didn't work out...

The part of SCOM big daddy that sounds like shit is the first part that is the old band. Axl sounds great on the vocal part he re did with the new band. He should have just done teh whole thing over.

correct.

you are one stupid little twat ridley scott wanted the film to be as close to real events as possible as it is based on a true story you fucking idiot and on the chopper the soldiers had welcome to the jungle playing to pump them up for battle so the song obviously meant a lot to the ones going into battle, and that stupid fucker axl rose stopped it cause they wouldnt use the poor cover of a classic tune, he should have been fucking honoured and not flew into a childish tantrum like he did, get your facts right you snotty little shit.

Yes WTTJ meant a lot to them actors soldiers, getting pumped up for the fake battle battle...

Allen, I know it wasn't all redone and the results are not good. Axl in particular sounds horrific.

THAT version in THAT MOVIE goes a long ways toward dispelling Axl having such high integrity with the back catalog like so many like to think. He was willing to use the old material if his new guys could re-record and to put out that POS version of a classic...

The part of SCOM big daddy that sounds like shit is the first part that is the old band. Axl sounds great on the vocal part he re did with the new band. He should have just done teh whole thing over.

While hes at it, he may aswell re-record the entire AFD..........oops, too late!!!! :rolleyes:

For a man who wanted to evolve and "Bury Appetite", he seems to be stuck in the past. And re-recording songs from it is far from a good thing.

What happened to all this artistic integrity many of you claimed he had over-and-over again?

Yes WTTJ meant a lot to them actors soldiers, getting pumped up for the fake battle battle...

aye your right you stupid fuck cause the song wasnt in the movie ya sarky cunt but the REAL soldiers that were in the REAL black hawk went down were listening to it ya fucking retard

aye your right you stupid fuck cause the song wasnt in the movie ya sarky cunt but the REAL soldiers that were in the REAL black hawk went down were listening to it ya fucking retard

:wub:

The beginning of Big Daddy on SCOM is the Live Era '99 release version. The vocals are identical. The instruments are from '92 but Axl's vocals are from '99. Then, towards the end, it transitions out of the live version and into the "new" studio version (which wasn't used on Live Era).

correct.

when i heard about that i was pissed at em for bickering and the movie didn't get the song, cause obviously if the soldiers used wttj to get psyched for the mission they shoud've been honored. then when i heard what replaced it was cool, but not as cool as jungle woulda been.

The beginning of Big Daddy on SCOM is the Live Era '99 release version. The vocals are identical. The instruments are from '92 but Axl's vocals are from '99. Then, towards the end, it transitions out of the live version and into the "new" studio version (which wasn't used on Live Era).

And isn't that a crappy, absurd, piece-meal way of putting together a track? Much like the newer band/lineup, it's all patchwork, but hopefully they have it somewhat right now....