My Review

axl04

We got there at about 5, and were about 30th in line for the floor. Waited til 7.

Gates open and I rushed on to floor and found a spot along the barrier on the left side. Good right? Well it was diectly infront of the stack. That got annoying later on.

1st Act - Die Mannequin:

They won me over. I was definately expect some emo/screamo band, but they played pretty hard stuff. There singer sounded good and was very energetic rushing into the crowd twice whilst soloing.

2nd Act- Suicide Girls:

Might as well have gone to a strip club. Bad tunes, unattractive women (though not all), and generally it was a little uncomfortable watching that with 10,000 plus people.

3rd Act- Sebastian Bach:

What can I say?!! Baz is fuckin awesome. He can belt them out. Seemed really stoked to be back in Toronto, and had his mom and sister with him. during his set the TPB's (Trailer Park Boys) came out, interrupted Baz's set and Bubbles played a song! :rofl-lol: Funny stuff. Ricky and I made eye contact, that was pretty cool.

Set list was good, new stuff sounds great, band the band is awesome, particularly Metal Mike.

The Main Event: GN'R

The wait did not seem long!!!!! I was very pleased.

Axl: Magnificent. His stage presence is amazing. Tough to say what he sounded like me ears got blown out by the stack. Pretended to do a back flip of the piano during The Blues. He was a great as I thought he would be.

Ron: Fuckin' fantastic. He plays the shit outta the guitar. He came over to my spot many times and during PC, I got to touch his guitar as he ran across the front. Cool stuff.

Richard: Equally as good as Ron. He loves to slam that guitar.

Robin: Was better than I expected. Still I'm on the fence

Frank: Is a loud drummer. The bass was jacked up in the mix. I could sure feel it. Maybe a bit to much.

Tommy: Cool. Didn't see alot of him.

Dizzy: Excellent solo. Other than that...same old Dizzy

Chris: He actually does stuff folks! Especially during LALD. Only complaint is he clutters the stage a bit.

Highlights:

- The new songs: Well played and absolutely rockin', especially Chi Dem.

- Ron's O Canada solo

- Bubbles introducing Axl and Baz for My Michelle

- Nightrain, PC

Lowlights:

- Patience. Didn't make the grade. Seemed flat.

- The dick crazed bitch who kept tryin to use her fat ass to knock me off the barrier. Fuckin' bitch. :fuckyou:

- The cold November Rain on the way home it was brutal. Especially when we got lost at Kipling Station and couldn't find our car.

Attendance: 90-95%ish full

Time Left School: 3:00pm

Time Arrived at show: 4:45pm

Time first act started: 8:00pm

Time show ended: 2:00am

Time arrived home: 4:00am

All in all it was good. The solos do kill the mood a bit, but the band played solid and my section seemed impressed. Crowd was fairly good. Blisteringly loud sound. If your gonna be near the stacks, earplugs are smart. Not rock n' roll..but smart.

Edited by axl04

We got there at about 5, and were about 30th in line for the floor. Waited til 7.

Gates open and I rushed on to floor and found a spot along the barrier on the left side. Good right? Well it was diectly infront of the stack. That got annoying later on.

1st Act - Die Mannequin:

They won me over. I was definately expect some emo/screamo band, but they played pretty hard stuff. There singer sounded good and was very energetic rushing into the crowd twice whilst soloing.

2nd Act- Suicide Girls:

Might as well have gone to a strip club. Bad tunes, unattractive women (though not all), and generally it was a little uncomfortable watching that with 10,000 plus people.

3rd Act- Sebastian Bach:

What can I say?!! Baz is fuckin awesome. He can belt them out. Seemed really stoked to be back in Toronto, and had his mom and sister with him. during his set the TPB's (Trailer Park Boys) came out, interrupted Baz's set and Bubbles played a song! :rofl-lol: Funny stuff. Ricky and I made eye contact, that was pretty cool.

Set list was good, new stuff sounds great, band the band is awesome, particularly Metal Mike.

The Main Event: GN'R

The wait did not seem long!!!!! I was very pleased.

Axl: Magnificent. His stage presence is amazing. Tough to say what he sounded like me ears got blown out by the stack. Pretended to do a back flip of the piano during The Blues. He was a great as I thought he would be.

Ron: Fuckin' fantastic. He plays the shit outta the guitar. He came over to my spot many times and during PC, I got to touch his guitar as he ran across the front. Cool stuff.

Richard: Equally as good as Ron. He loves to slam that guitar.

Robin: Was better than I expected. Still I'm on the fence

Frank: Is a loud drummer. The bass was jacked up in the mix. I could sure feel it. Maybe a bit to much.

Tommy: Cool. Didn't see alot of him.

Dizzy: Excellent solo. Other than that...same old Dizzy

Chris: He actually does stuff folks! Especially during LALD. Only complaint is he clutters the stage a bit.

Highlights:

- The new songs: Well played and absolutely rockin', especially Chi Dem.

- Ron's O Canada solo

- Bubbles introducing Axl and Baz for My Michelle

- Nightrain, PC

Lowlights:

- Patience. Didn't make the grade. Seemed flat.

- The dick crazed bitch who kept tryin to use her fat ass to knock me off the barrier. Fuckin' bitch. :fuckyou:

- The cold November Rain on the way home it was brutal. Especially when we got lost at Kipling Station and couldn't find our car.

Attendance: 80%ish full, maybe more

Time Left School: 3:00pm

Time Arrived at show: 4:45pm

Time first act started: 8:00pm

Time show ended: 2:00am

Time arrived home: 4:00am

All in all it was good. The solos do kill the mood a bit, but the band played solid and my section seemed impressed. Crowd was fairly good. Blisteringly loud sound. If your gonna be near the stacks, earplugs are smart. Not rock n' roll..but smart.

I agree about Patience. I really didn't like what they did with it.

Can't say I agree about Suicide Girls though, I quite liked them, maybe it's just being a guy, but I thought the Resivoir Dogs segement, and the hula girl, were very entertaining.

New songs sounded good. I like better live better than the demo (gah what a sentence that was! I guess I should have said MORE than the demo :P).

That rain really did suck, friends and I got soaked :P

Attendance: 80%ish full, maybe more

uhh, i was there, and it was more like 95% sold out

it was about 80% full at about 1:30 cause everyone left to catch the last sudbway run

You're probably right, but being so close I really couldn't tell, cause even turning backwards would lose your spot.

wow it was only 80% full?? thats wierd cause it was almost completely sold out on ticketmaster...

it was atleast 95% full, i only saw a few single seats empty

I was on the floor too like 5 ft from the stage i agree about not being able to turn around or u would loose your spot i had guys like pushing me away from my boyfriend the croud was quite compacted and there were a few ppl that were just annoying as hell!! lol but there were also alot of kewl ppl i met i pretty much had my hands on some dudes back all night so i didnt get stompled on lol im only 5'2 but i still saw everything it was great!! ur soo lucky u got to touch his guitar !!!! I SOOOO WANTED TO CATCH AXL'S WHISTLE FROM PARADICE CITY! it flew over my head and i was like awww lol but the concert rocked!!!!

it was my first concert and best night of my life! I also didnt know sebastian bach was so f**kin hot!! I really enjoyed that lil shake of the bum!! so hot in thoes leather pants !! lol anyways glad u enjoyed!!!

Edited by pbrent1284