Will the tour feel like a money grab

Nightcrawler

I told you guys this tour was no different than those late night "how to get rich" infomercial seminars touring the country. People are so desperate for money that they easily get fooled by these thieves. Axl is no different, his fans are so desperate for the album that he knows he can get away with scaming them with a bullshit nostalgic tour. How could people go to these shows after seeing what happened in 2002? I feel sorry for the people that go to multiple shows. You know these people must have psychological problems wanting to see the same thing over and over again.It's like going to a movie theatre and paying to see the same movie over and over. Axl's crazy fans made Axl the way he is. He knows he doesn't have to release anything to keep the suckers coming back for more. The question is , will people be dumb enough to fall for this scam again in 2010?? History tells us that they will. Fuckin sad.

I told you guys this tour was no different than those late night "how to get rich" infomercial seminars touring the country. People are so desperate for money that they easily get fooled by these thieves. Axl is no different, his fans are so desperate for the album that he knows he can get away with scaming them with a bullshit nostalgic tour. How could people go to these shows after seeing what happened in 2002? I feel sorry for the people that go to multiple shows. You know these people must have psychological problems wanting to see the same thing over and over again.It's like going to a movie theatre and paying to see the same movie over and over. Axl's crazy fans made Axl the way he is. He knows he doesn't have to release anything to keep the suckers coming back for more. The question is , will people be dumb enough to fall for this scam again in 2010?? History tells us that they will. Fuckin sad.

So if you go to a show, and it is a GREAT show. You cant argue, they have been epic, between 18-24 songs a show, lots of energy, Axl's voice is great. Then you have a great time, as most do. Get a cool shirt, have some beers or whatever, ride home amped. Where is the scam? Where was I taken advantage of. Damn what a stupid ass post. :fuckyou:

So if you go to a show, and it is a GREAT show. You cant argue, they have been epic, between 18-24 songs a show, lots of energy, Axl's voice is great. Then you have a great time, as most do. Get a cool shirt, have some beers or whatever, ride home amped. Where is the scam? Where was I taken advantage of. Damn what a stupid ass post. :fuckyou:

Maybe if you removed your mouth from Axl's cock you would see the scam. Most of the die hards attending these shows would not have gone if they knew there was not going to be an album this yr. People spent their money to go to a ' Chinese Democracy" tour that was supposed to promote the album. Look how turned off people have become with the news of no album in 2006. You know many people that have tickets to future shows are just going to sell them. People don't want to be suckers anymore.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

Maybe if you removed your mouth from Axl's cock you would see the scam. Most of the die hards attending these shows would not have gone if they knew there was not going to be an album this yr. People spent their money to go to a ' Chinese Democracy" tour that was supposed to promote the album. Look how turned off people have become with the news of no album in 2006. You know many people that have tickets to future shows are just going to sell them. People don't want to be suckers anymore.

Dude, you dont need to be vulgar to make a point, it actually weakens your point.

Also you are speaking for other people based on a few frustrated negative fans. You dont know that fans are going to sell them. And if they do, then OTHER fans will buy them. I dont think they will sell em, but if they do so be it.

And another thing pottymouth, most people went to the show, as I did on 9/21 and will 12/13, 12/15 to see GNR, album or none. And I doubt anyone bought those tickets thinking "The only reason I bought these tickets was cause I thought an album was coming out" No, they just wanted to see GNR, and hoped for an album. I dont remember seeing the "return ticket for face value if no album drops guarantee"

So speak for yourself, and if others agree, let em post, so far your opinion total is "1" stop speaking in generalities and half truths, it is boring and fruitless.

Dude, you dont need to be vulgar to make a point, it actually weakens your point.

Also you are speaking for other people based on a few frustrated negative fans. You dont know that fans are going to sell them. And if they do, then OTHER fans will buy them. I dont think they will sell em, but if they do so be it.

And another thing pottymouth, most people went to the show, as I did on 9/21 and will 12/13, 12/15 to see GNR, album or none. And I doubt anyone bought those tickets thinking "The only reason I bought these tickets was cause I thought an album was coming out" No, they just wanted to see GNR, and hoped for an album. I dont remember seeing the "return ticket for face value if no album drops guarantee"

So speak for yourself, and if others agree, let em post, so far your opinion total is "1" stop speaking in generalities and half truths, it is boring and fruitless.

You called my post stupid and flipped me off. Hypocrite.

No. How about everybody just being glad we finaly saw some gnr huh? Live, for many for the first time. What is it? Whine season? :rolleyes: Stupid threads are shooting up like mushrooms.

You didn't see GNR live. You saw Axl Rose live - with a cover band playing old GNR songs, under the guise that it was the "CHINESE DEMOCRACY TOUR", assuming to mean that they would be playing songs from CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

It's obvious to me that Axl was running low on dough and decided to do a tour to fill his pockets again.

If Axl was serious about a real comeback, why did they hire their new guitarist a week before the tour when Buckethead quit TWO FUCKIN' YEARS AGO.

It just totally feels like Axl rolled out of bed and decided he needed some money, so someone said.."Oh BTW, we don't have a lead guitarist" and then he just goes, "oh yeah, uhh.. well, find someone" and so here comes Bumblefoot right before the tour starts.

Think about how sad Axl's band has become - not only do we have guys playing a setlist primarily of songs off an album they didn't create, but we've got a guy (Bumblefoot) playing songs that someone else (Buckethead) recorded off an album that has never been released. He's covering songs from another guy who was covering songs from the guy before him!! This is ridiculous.

No. How about everybody just being glad we finaly saw some gnr huh? Live, for many for the first time. What is it? Whine season? :rolleyes: Stupid threads are shooting up like mushrooms.

You didn't see GNR live. You saw Axl Rose live - with a cover band playing old GNR songs, under the guise that it was the "CHINESE DEMOCRACY TOUR", assuming to mean that they would be playing songs from CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

It's obvious to me that Axl was running low on dough and decided to do a tour to fill his pockets again.

If Axl was serious about a real comeback, why did they hire their new guitarist a week before the tour when Buckethead quit TWO FUCKIN' YEARS AGO.

It just totally feels like Axl rolled out of bed and decided he needed some money, so someone said.."Oh BTW, we don't have a lead guitarist" and then he just goes, "oh yeah, uhh.. well, find someone" and so here comes Bumblefoot right before the tour starts.

Think about how sad Axl's band has become - not only do we have guys playing a setlist primarily of songs off an album they didn't create, but we've got a guy (Bumblefoot) playing songs that someone else (Buckethead) recorded off an album that has never been released. He's covering songs from another guy who was covering songs from the guy before him!! This is ridiculous.

Yeah I'm beginning to think this was all a ruse.

That Axl had no intention of releasing CD this year, but mentioned it only to increase ticket sales and revenue to fill his pockets. Like dangling a carrot in front of us hoping to milk us of as much of our money as possible.

I have to admit, these are some good points.

The whole last-minute Bumblefoot selection was strange.

What I find strangest is that, if they only hired a new lead guitarist in 2006, what was Axl doing for two years? Buckethead quit in 2004. This probably means they weren't recording anything after he left if they needed Ron for '06 to play the songs. So why didn't Axl just finish up the album in '04, and have it COMPLETELY ready to be released on this tour? He should have hired BBF in '04, finished the extra work, and then gone on tour with the album totally mastered and ready for distribution.

It was reported that Axl had gone back into the studio after the European tour to put "last minute touches" on it.

It's been over ten years. What kind of last minute touches are needed?!

Also, I'm wondering if perhaps Axl ran into serious legal trouble with Clear Channel after 2002. He said there were legal things "still going on today" that started then. Maybe this tour was mandatory because of something that came about with the legal issues that arose then?

Please, God, let Chinese Democracy just randomly drop! At this point I'd prefer that to having no album at all. Screw promotion - I don't care if it's advertised, I just want it on the shelves!

Edited by Estranged Reality

If you're a naieve moron with unrealistic expectencies that's exactly what you saw, yes. Stop moping over the old band and accept that this is reality and this is what we have.

This is what we have, but that doesn't make it Guns N' Roses.

Who or what tells you the band was even still going at that time? Maybe he had given up. Maybe he decided to pick it up again. I''m not saying that's it, but there's too much shit you don't know. So don't judge.

No, I think I know just plenty.

How soon you forget Axl's little apology letter after Buckethead quit. Allow me to refresh your memory on his final words from the letter..

"Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months." - Axl Rose, March 30, 2004.

*looks at calander*

Well heck, it's only been 31 months! I'm sure we all have different definitions of what "few" means. :)

I'm gonna go ahead and say he didn't just decide to quit. More likely scenario? He crawled back into his hole up in the Malibu Hills and didn't come back out until he ran out of booze money.

If that's the case for you why don't you just stop allowing yourself to be ripped off and lay gnr to rest.

Oh I've stopped. I'm just trying to help the rest of these pour souls from wasting their hard earned cash.

Edited by OTHAFA

Oh I've stopped. I'm just trying to help the rest of these pour souls from wasting their hard earned cash.

Isn't that a polite way to describe senseless bashing?

Really, stop wasting your precious time here.

"Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months." - Axl Rose, March 30, 2004.

I have to admit, these are some good points.

The whole last-minute Bumblefoot selection was strange.

What I find strangest is that, if they only hired a new lead guitarist in 2006, what was Axl doing for two years? Buckethead quit in 2004. This probably means they weren't recording anything after he left if they needed Ron for '06 to play the songs. So why didn't Axl just finish up the album in '04, and have it COMPLETELY ready to be released on this tour? He should have hired BBF in '04, finished the extra work, and then gone on tour with the album totally mastered and ready for distribution.

!

Also, it was said Ron will be playing on some songs, on the album. That would mean, even if he recorded them at the begining of the tour, the songs were still unmixed.

I really hope we get an album to go with the tour. It's the Chinese Democracy tour, not the be glad Axl is here tour.

Username- the thread is a question. Not a statement. Stop being so spazzy

Edited by Nightcrawler

I loved the concert. I hope the cd comes out this year. If it doesnt, o well, I will simply wait and hope it comes out. I dont see how most of you guys can call yourself fans. I dont mind it not coming out today, its almost more entertaining to listen to you dipshits piss and moan about how much you hate everything and you are never going to listen to gnr again. I just wonder how many of you have had a tantrum about CD and pissed your pants.