2Pac

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Well, I've listened to every album released during his lifetime, and I've got a pretty good idea about what I like and don't like. I just can't deal with the poor production on 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z., although there are highlights on both albums. Me Against the World is brilliant, and probably his best album, and All Eyez On Me is my favorite, I just love the big messy double-album feel, and the production is the best he ever got. To be honest, I've only listened to The Don Killuminati: 7 Day Theory once, and it kind of scared me. A few tracks seemed pretty weak to me as well.

Overall, I've become a huge fan of 2Pac, his music came from one hell of a deep place and was of great quality. I feel like I now understand why he is such a gigantic figure in popular culture.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

Well, I've listened to every album released during his lifetime, and I've got a pretty good idea about what I like and don't like. I just can't deal with the poor production on 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z., although there are highlights on both albums. Me Against the World is brilliant, and probably his best album, and All Eyez On Me is my favorite, I just love the big messy double-album feel, and the production is the best he ever got. To be honest, I've only listened to The Don Killuminati: 7 Day Theory once, and it kind of scared me. A few tracks seemed pretty weak to me as well.

Overall, I've become a huge fan of 2Pac, his music came from one hell of a deep place and was of great quality. I feel like I now understand why he is such a gigantic figure in popular culture.

Oops, wrong section, move please!

i wouldnt say the production was poor, it was more ummm...grittier, altho pac was all on Shock G's case at the time to let him at some decent shit n when he did the results kicked ass, still love those entire albums tho, they're totally cool. All Eyez On Me is imperial, he got outta jail on a friday n had mosta that album done by the end of sunday, certain poeople could take a leaf outta that motherfuckers book. n dude u need to listen to Don Killumanati some more man cuz its fuckin dope!!! its such a vicious album, its rabid, its on the attack...i LOVE that fuckin album, against all odds is sick!!!! n Bomb First WE, bomb first when we riiiiide, pleeeeeease, reconsider fore u diiiee :lol: (im a dork :lol:) as far as his cultural significance i think ummm...people pulled a lotta that outta him, the human condition is a wonderful thing n when dissected theres a kind of beauty there that people can ALWAYS relate to, in anyone when they're lookin with the eyes of empathy as opposed to apathy. icons or iconic figures by and large tend to have more to do with the right time/place in society more than anything. i mean, if u think about it, Sid Vicious is an icon too n he's hardly...no i wont go there, but i hope my point has been made. not tryin to detract from Pac, more a case of me tryin to put across my take on icons n iconography, in relation to his relevance in society/pop culture. the idea is that society has to exist to interpret the relevance, therefore in an elementary sense iconography is about the human condition n how humans respond to their own beauty because we are nothing more than a reflection of each other/our collective selves.

Edited by frankwhite

I'm so glad to hear this!

2Pac is the greatest for me, can't add anything more to this thread right now...

p-p-p-p-p-part time, p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-part time...now why the fuck was that not a single??? as relevant as brendas gotta baby. 2pacalypse motherfuckin now! y'all can all kiss my ass, n suck MY dick, and my uncle tommys balls, fuck y'all, punks!! *u gotta love him :lol:*

Edited by frankwhite

rap now is pure shit....soe much crap, 50 cent what..no I like 50 cent a little, i laugh at his voice, its kind of cool...ok I like 50 cent, but its like a superficial liking... its not like I like him from the heart, more that I like him from my foot

but 2pac I love from the heart....what 2pac did is some masterpiece ....fukkinz All Eyez On Me, fukkinz terrific album, califronia love fuk me, trading was stories,,,omg-copter I cant believe how good it is....whats else, life goes on..geezuz, 2 of americas most wanted, k-ci jojo how do you want it....fkn legend he is tupac..

Edited by Roses eats Lions

OK, 7 Day Theory is a classic.

Absolutely!

In my humble opinion one of the best if not the best rapper ever. Fantastic combination of lyrics, message, flow and feel. A very gifted artist who had a LOT to say. That last part is what lacks so much in a lot of popular music today.

Can't agree more!

In my humble opinion one of the best if not the best rapper ever. Fantastic combination of lyrics, message, flow and feel. A very gifted artist who had a LOT to say. That last part is what lacks so much in a lot of popular music today.

all true except for the flow bit, im sorry but 2Pac was no MC...n thats just a fact. another odd thing is that he's the most accepted by society at large, white AND black n yet he said some really quite rascist things at times.

"my epitaph will read was the last o' G's, kicked the shit to make he white man bleed" and that interview where i think he's chillin' with Oakland Rich' n talkin' bout "we checkin all these white motherfuckers in 93"

Edited by frankwhite