arena location

bt88

For those of you from Cleveland, how is the location of the Quciken Loans arena? Im from Buffalo and our major arena is loacted like 4 blocks from the ghetto. What type of area is the arena in? And also, is it easy to get to and from the arena in relation to the thruway?

The Q (Quicken Loans Arena) is located right near the intersection of I-77 and I-90. Getting back on the freeway after a show does take a few minutes because the streets all get flooded with cars at the same time (although with as late as GnR plays, half the crowd could be gone by 2am). Jacob's Field and the freeways are the only things located south of The Q. The nightlife is all to the west, north, and east.

The Hard Rock Cafe is to the west.

Cooperstown is to the east.

There are tons of bars/restaurants to the north.

There will be panhandlers around lookin for extra change and scalpers lookin to sell you over priced tickets.

Be respectful and you should have no problems. Cleveland is a wonderful city (starting to get cold) and I have never had problems downtown.