GNR Guitarist - "Lifes's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have"

Bork_axl

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal has issued a response to the news that the Italian GUNS N' ROSES fan site Gnronline.it has gone "on strike" to protest the lack of official information regarding the band and its long-awaited album, "Chinese Democracy".

As previously reported, the Gnronline.it administrators are claming that GN'R management is playing favorites with the two big American fan sites, while other worldwide fan sites are being left in the dark despite their efforts over the course of the last ten years to support the group. The Gnronline.it web site is not being updated and the almost 3,000-user forum is not being moderated until January 1, 2007. After that day, the entire site will be closed.

In a message that was released yesterday (Dec. 11, 2006), Thal had the following to say:

"Ron here — this is not a statement on behalf of GN'R, just speaking for myself, me to you.

"For whatever it's worth, I love you guys and appreciate all the support you guys have given the band. I haven't been in the band very long, but long enough to experience how great it is to have fans that care as much as you. Maybe it's too-little-too-late to let you know that, but that's how I feel, and it hasn't changed.

"From what I've seen, if ya give out info before it's 100% confirmed, and things don't happen as planned, it leads to people feeling betrayed, so info should only come at the final moment when all the piece are in place. That's not a GN'R thing, it's everything, every business or band or anything else.

"If you're looking for daily or weekly updates on things that are in the works, it'll become a big mess for everyone. Meanwhile, we're touring. It's been fucking great.

"Since my first show with GUNS in May, we've played nearly 70 shows, in 20 countries (if I counted right, at 3am after being up 30 hours... [***]) The way I see it, for two-and-a-half hours each of those nights, it's our time to connect with each other — we get to say *fuck it* to everything else in life and enjoy ourselves — that's what it's about. It's not about business or setlists or critics or anything else — it's about saying FUCK IT and gettin' high off it from beginning to end and a long time after.

"Hope y'all have been enjoying it to the fullest. Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have — enjoy what you do have.

"Not trying to change anything by writing ya, not answering the questions you want answered, just letting ya know that your support hasn't gone unnoticed, and I just wanna say *thank you* to the moderators and members of your forum. For the years you've devoted to the band, and hopefully years to come..."

Take It For What It Is

Bork_axl

"From what I've seen, if ya give out info before it's 100% confirmed, and things don't happen as planned, it leads to people feeling betrayed.

yep!

But how do you get this inside people´s heads?.This has been said a lot of times but as usual it´s a waste of time . Cool message by Ron, this guy´s very nice! :)

This is basically Bumblefoot's way of telling the fans that CD isn't coming out this year.

At least he has the balls to speak honestly to the fans....

If that was his way of saying what you just stated I wouldn´t say he was being honest, because then he was just giving us another damn excuse for Axls and managements lies. :chef:

This is basically Bumblefoot's way of telling the fans that CD isn't coming out this year.

At least he has the balls to speak honestly to the fans....

If that was his way of saying what you just stated I wouldn´t say he was being honest, because then he was just giving us another damn excuse for Axls and managements lies. :chef:

Well, someone has to give the excuse. Might as well be a hired gun.... Edited by Jameslofton29

well...it's been nice that SOMEONE says anything about the situation... :sleeper:

but fuck BUMBLE, he's a NEWBIE...EVEN I WAS LONG BEFORE WITH THAT BAND WITH MY POSTS AND KNEW MORE INFO THAT THIS GUY SAYS!!! <_<

it's nice...BUT I WANT SOME APPOLOGIES FROM THE MAN ITSELF!!!...coz...I THINK NO LABEL is RESPOSIBLE FOR THE 14 YEARS DELAY of NEW ALBUM!...Labels can't do miracles in a HALF OF A YEAR!!! <_<

well...it's been nice that SOMEONE says anything about the situation... :sleeper:

but fuck BUMBLE, he's a NEWBIE...EVEN I WAS LONG BEFORE WITH THAT BAND WITH MY POSTS AND KNEW MORE INFO THAT THIS GUY SAYS!!! <_<

it's nice...BUT I WANT SOME APPOLOGIES FROM THE MAN ITSELF!!!...coz...I THINK NO LABEL is RESPOSIBLE FOR THE 14 YEARS DELAY of NEW ALBUM!...Labels can't do miracles in a HALF OF A YEAR!!! <_<

I think you should go fuck yourself, kid....because you're really starting to work on my nerves!

Well, someone has to give the excuse. Might as well be a hired gun....

In don´t think Ron is a liar :confused:

No one said he was.

"Ron here — this is not a statement on behalf of GN'R, just speaking for myself, me to you."

Ron state that this is not a statement on behalf of GNR.

No one said he was, but speculated he was. "Might as well be a hired gun....", when Ron at the same time claims he´s not. So that would make him a liar if he was what Jameslofton29 speculated he was..