gnr/livenation/fresno

axlr23

rock2 The Guns N' Roses concert scheduled for tonight at the Save Mart Center has been canceled.

The band originally was scheduled to perform in Fresno on Sept. 27. That date was postponed until December, and now, the show is off.

Concert promoter Live Nation sent out a four-sentence announcement Tuesday afternoon apologizing and inviting people to buy tickets for Friday's show in Oakland.

Representatives from Live Nation could not be reached to explain further why the show was canceled. When asked whether slow ticket sales caused the cancellation, Save Mart Center general manager Steve Tadlock said: "That's really a question for Live Nation. … That would be their call and not mine."

Refunds are available at the point of purchase. (this was taken from the fresno bee)

i tried to call and ask also and of course nobody said anything but hey i had to try. my friend who goes to fresno state said alot of people bought tickets but that place holds 17 to 20 thousand if im not mistaken and alot people speculate that the concert had only sold 9 thousand tickets leaving the arena almost half empty!

so who knows what the hell happened ..im sure we will know in time

Edited by axlr23

rock2 The Guns N' Roses concert scheduled for tonight at the Save Mart Center has been canceled.

The band originally was scheduled to perform in Fresno on Sept. 27. That date was postponed until December, and now, the show is off.

Concert promoter Live Nation sent out a four-sentence announcement Tuesday afternoon apologizing and inviting people to buy tickets for Friday's show in Oakland.

Representatives from Live Nation could not be reached to explain further why the show was canceled. When asked whether slow ticket sales caused the cancellation, Save Mart Center general manager Steve Tadlock said: "That's really a question for Live Nation. … That would be their call and not mine."

Refunds are available at the point of purchase. (this was taken from the fresno bee)

i tried to call and ask also and of course nobody said anything but hey i had to try. my friend who goes to fresno state said alot of people bought tickets but that place holds 17 to 20 thousand if im not mistaken and alot people speculate that the concert had only sold 9 thousand tickets leaving the arena almost half empty!

there were WAYYYYY less tickets sold than that. On the previous thurs, less than a week before, you could still get tickets to the first section next to the stage on the lower level. My guess is 2-5k.

It seems very odd that no one is saying anything about this. Maybe they think that silence will work better than weak excuses?

A shame that those are their only two choices.

You know what would be better for everyone? If this "band" would release their album, do publicity, sell out shows, and actually take the stage... on time.

Other bands have figured out that this strategy works really well. I wonder why it's so hard for team Axl to figure this out...

Band makes music. People listen to music. People come to concerts. Band plays shows. WINNING FORUMLA!

Many it's because Axl doesn't want to, and anyone who has disagreed with him in the past has been fired?

there were WAYYYYY less tickets sold than that. On the previous thurs, less than a week before, you could still get tickets to the first section next to the stage on the lower level. My guess is 2-5k.

really that is sad i wonder if the rescheduling had anything to do with it? thanx for the info