No Reaction To This Bit About Money Problems?

D-GenerationX

Where are the expenses for this album really?

He has a huge payroll to meet every month. He has been paying people like Finck, Dizzy and Tommy every month for 9 years now with no way to recoup their salaries, not to mention the other band members who have filtered in and out for the past 9 years. Throw in all of the studio time and other costs, and it gets astronomical.

So are we to the point that if this album really flops, he is looking at serious financial hardship??

No...I think it's more of the name 'Guns N' Roses' would be facing a financial hardship.

Axl himself has way more than enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life, I think that he refuses to pay for the completion of CD from his own pocket. (Which is why he took GnR on the road this year)

Where are the expenses for this album really?

He has a huge payroll to meet every month. He has been paying people like Finck, Dizzy and Tommy every month for 9 years now with no way to recoup their salaries, not to mention the other band members who have filtered in and out for the past 9 years. Throw in all of the studio time and other costs, and it gets astronomical.

So are we to the point that if this album really flops, he is looking at serious financial hardship??

No...I think it's more of the name 'Guns N' Roses' would be facing a financial hardship.

Axl himself has way more than enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life, I think that he refuses to pay for the completion of CD from his own pocket. (Which is why he took GnR on the road this year)

Agreed completely. I think it's much more about the financial status of the band; not Axl himself. There's a huge debt to the record company to be paid back, for one thing.

As far as Axl himself, I'm sure he's fine. .I once read that Steven Adler can live pretty comfortably off the royalties he gets from AfD, and he was only in 15%. I'd imagine all the album, DVD, licensing and other royalties would always be a steady source of income for Axl.

Agreed completely. I think it's much more about the financial status of the band; not Axl himself. There's a huge debt to the record company to be paid back, for one thing.

Huge debt for what?

How does a label actually fund one's project?

As far as I know, all the money the record label invests in the production of an album--the recording studio time, everything--eventually has to be paid back by the band or artist. So the millions that Geffen/Universal/whatever sunk into the new CD is considered a debt. It really kind of sucks...the band essentially pays to have its own album produced.