Dec 19th Gibson Theatre Review

someguyintheelevator

My only Complaint about tonights show was the Security Guard for GNR that wouldn't let two hot girls show thier boobs. If girls want to show em common. I realize he just doing his job but still they were hot. I don't know if Axl ver saw the boobs cause i bet he would have let em keep it up. The girls started thier little sideshow during Sebastian Bachs set and came back out for more. Enough about boobs now to the music.

I love how Welcome to the Jungle is played by the new lineup. It was amazing. Can't believe something so good has gotten even better.

I know I will get flamed some more on this board for saying this but Franks drumming is better then Brain. Frank had quite a night. The November Rain pyro lit one of his drums on Fire. He didn't even miss a beat and kept playing through it. He kicked the burning drum out. I thought they would have to at least stop the show to fix his drums. Axl joked a few songs later between songs Smoke on the Drummer instead of Smoke on the Water. He brought up Spinal Tap and said maybe tomorrow night we can really light Frank on Fire. Frank played though it with no problems. Axl commented on how thats the first time that has happened.

Since the first show of this tour in New York i would say the band has gotten even tighter. Axl has gotten used to his wireless mic. He moves around so much it must be hard to keep it going.

During Paradise City a Theatre Security guard didn't break up a fight. Axl at first wanted people to just back up a bit. I didn't see the fight but Axl first gave in house security a chance to deal with it but then since the guy did nothing Axl had security kicked out.

Gnr rules!!!!!!

I know I will get flamed some more on this board for saying this but Franks drumming is better then Brain. Frank had quite a night. The November Rain pyro lit one of his drums on Fire. He didn't even miss a beat and kept playing through it. He kicked the burning drum out. I thought they would have to at least stop the show to fix his drums. Axl joked a few songs later between songs Smoke on the Drummer instead of Smoke on the Water. He brought up Spinal Tap and said maybe tomorrow night we can really light Frank on Fire. Frank played though it with no problems. Axl commented on how thats the first time that has happened.

rock3 awesome!! frank is loving this!

rock3 awesome!! frank is loving this!

Honestly, I've always had a problem with how GNR drummers post-Adler played the intro to Mr Brownstone! Sorum butchered it and Brain was just decent, but Frank just nails it and adds the element of funk that the song has. Say what you want about Popcorn, but his drums for Brownstone and Rocket Queen are epic.