John Lennon

frankwhite

in my opinion, it gets no better than this man. He was/is everything. Took rock n roll that step further. Then when rock n roll wore, he went avante garde and HARD. Didnt care who he offended, he did what he did and i believe he did for greater good. One of the worlds true carers. Lets face it, if it werent for him, music would not be what it is today. His post beatles output is also phenomenal. He was so many things at once, belligerent, caring, gentle, sensitive, violent, obnoxious, hurtful. A true enigma and, in my opinion, one of the greatest people of the past half century plus. The beatles were just the start. This man was a critically acclaimed concept artist, writer of amazing books, one of the greatest songwriters of all time, possibly THE greatest and...i could go on all week. What are your opinions on Dr. Winston O Boogie and why? :)

Like every man ( ;) ) he had his flaws, but I do believe his crusade for peace was genuine and from the heart. I've always respected him as an artist, and even as a person, especially the last several years of his life.

I often wonder how it would have been if he was still alive after 9/11, and what statements he would make about the the current events happening in our world today.

Like every man ( ;) ) he had his flaws, but I do believe his crusade for peace was genuine and from the heart. I've always respected him as an artist, and even as a person, especially the last several years of his life.

I often wonder how it would have been if he was still alive after 9/11, and what statements he would make about the the current events happening in our world today.

Well one thing is certain.. He would have loathed Bush.

He was definetly a special person, and one of the greatest songwriters after Paul McCartney.

But to call John Lennon one of the best persons of the last 50 years is a disgrace to all unknown people that work every day for humanity without getting any recognition or money. People that work with lepers, risk their lives, build a future for poor kids and so on.

but still, Lennon was a great person and a true artist.

He was definetly a special person, and one of the greatest songwriters after Paul McCartney.

But to call John Lennon one of the best persons of the last 50 years is a disgrace to all unknown people that work every day for humanity without getting any recognition or money. People that work with lepers, risk their lives, build a future for poor kids and so on.

but still, Lennon was a great person and a true artist.

you're right, i shoulda been clearer. i was speaking in terms of popular culture. and hey, Lennon did a LOT for the needy and VERY little of it is public knowledge but i understand and agree with your point. disgrace is a strong word though. and you cant discount the value of what his message influenced or prompted people to go forth and do and he was aware of this power (bad word to use) he had.

Edited by frankwhite

His song writing is amazing and his peace efforts were amirable. I love th eguy, but there are also a number of things that piss me off about him. He wasn't perfect, he treated Cynthia and Julian so bad, even accusing her of adultery when he divorced her!

Also I have been reading in a magazine article recently about how there seems to be a donation from him to the IRA.

in my opinion, it gets no better than this man. He was/is everything. Took rock n roll that step further. Then when rock n roll wore, he went avante garde and HARD. Didnt care who he offended, he did what he did and i believe he did for greater good. One of the worlds true carers. Lets face it, if it werent for him, music would not be what it is today. His post beatles output is also phenomenal. He was so many things at once, belligerent, caring, gentle, sensitive, violent, obnoxious, hurtful. A true enigma and, in my opinion, one of the greatest people of the past half century plus. The beatles were just the start. This man was a critically acclaimed concept artist, writer of amazing books, one of the greatest songwriters of all time, possibly THE greatest and...i could go on all week.

Amen! rock3

I :heart: Lennon. His voice, his lyrics and everything he stood for. I respect and admire him very, very much.. :heart: