Sean Lennon

bluesy

The new album 'Friendly Fire' is absolutely AMAZING. Fans of somber and melodic balladry NEED to check it out. I came across one of the songs by accident and it sounded so good that I checked out more and found that the songs just never died down in quality. I couldn't believe my friggin' ears.

The whole concept of the album is that of a tragic love triangle between Sean, his girlfriend (Bijou Phillips) and his friend (Max Leroy). He found out that they were having an affair behind his back, but before anything could be resolved, his friend died in a motorcycle accident that left Sean in a flurry of conflicting emotions. As depressing as it seems, it really makes for an interesting record with great songwriting and musicianship. The album also comes with a DVD with music videos of all the songs. It's like an artsy short film portraying the emotions with lots of famous people popping up.

Get it!

It is a brilliant album. There was a thread about it a while back but for some reason there wasn't much response. Believe me people when I say that the comparisons with his father are simply unfair. Obviously there is some of John's influence on the album, but how many artists can say they weren't influenced by The Beatles? At least give Sean a chance people-he is truly a great songwriter and he definitely has his own sound going.

It is a brilliant album. There was a thread about it a while back but for some reason there wasn't much response. Believe me people when I say that the comparisons with his father are simply unfair. Obviously there is some of John's influence on the album, but how many artists can say they weren't influenced by The Beatles? At least give Sean a chance people-he is truly a great songwriter and he definitely has his own sound going.

alll we are saaaaaaaayyyin

is give Sean a chaaance