About the rumoured song "This I Love"

Son Of A Gun

Wasn’t "This I Love" supposed to be on the end of one of the Gn'R documentaries?

It was a slow piano piece, far from “heavy”, maybe that guy who said it would be lyrically heavy might have a point, who knows, but then I think we may have enough “slow” songs on CD already, im hoping for a couple more kick ass tracks on it.

Edited by Let And Let Live

I think it's more correct to call November Rain Axl's baby than Estranged. Estranged is a whole lot heavier, but so is Coma, and perhaps Locomotive. Axl held on to NR for 6 years or so before it was released, it could have been on Appetite, but he didn't feel it was ready. It was his baby.

As for his use of the word "heavy". I think it's obvious that he means emotionally heavy, he has always used that term about complicated and deep songs.

justynius has said axl used the words "this is my little baby from the new albums this is called Estranged"

The exact quote....

"Two CD's... and this is my personal little baby from the set. This is something called Estranged."

I wouldn't trade My World for Estranged.

I'd like to hear the new band play Coma once yes. But I'm sick of the setlist being dominated by old tunes, new band so new songs please.

seriously dude, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, thats ALL you do.

get on board or FUCK OFF

seriously dude, suck, suck, suck, suck, suck, that's ALL you do.

It's gonna be funny that after the CD is released, and the band goes on a supporting tour, that the setlist remains the same. :rofl-lol:

And Estranged sucks.

I'd like to hear the new band play Coma once yes. But I'm sick of the setlist being dominated by old tunes, new band so new songs please.

get on board or FUCK OFF

Yadda yadda yadda. Get over the fact I have an opinion and try actually debating the content in my post for once instead of trolling me.

get on board or FUCK OFF

Yadda yadda yadda. Get over the fact I have an opinion and try actually debating the content in my post for once instead of trolling me.

What your doing isnt debating.

It annoys the fuck outa me that people like you just cant sit back and enjoy this,

GN'R hasent been around for 4 years, they had a kickass Europe tour and a kickass North American Tour.

To bad this fanboard has been infected with people like you, its like people who actually enjoy this must sit trough all the fucking bitching. AND IM SICK OF IT

I am enjoying it. If you knew anything about me you'd know I saw them 4 times in the period of 3 weeks and they were the best 4 nights of my life.

But I also think there's a lot of room for improvement, and since the topic creator mentioned the notion of dropping November Rain, which I happened to agree with, I voiced my opinion.

Axl talked about This I Love in 1993. It's an old song. Who knows if it will be on the album ?

Exactly.

Why do you "people" hang on to this old, old shit?

Because it sounds like it could be a great song and none of us have heard it. What's wrong with wanting to hear an unheard song? :drevil:

It says on gnrsource.com that "This I Love" could also be "The Blues" but I don't know what the source is. I don't take it too seriously since I've never heard anyone mention that, but it's an interesting thought.

Dave Dominguez confirmed the song title from the Chinese Democracy sessions. I think it will be on the album.

That would be amazing if there was something on the album that could live up to NR and Estranged, or at least be good enough to enter that league of songs. Axl must have had a lot of different emotional stuff going on during all that time, I hope he was successful in translating that into art.

I'm feeling the excitment. :heart:

If he was pushing a song out of the set list, it'll be one that wasn't released as a single.

A complete guess, but I think This I Love is a misprint and was meant to say This is Love. I dunno, it just kind of makes more sense.

Also, by 'heaviest' my first impression was something like Better or Oh My God.

well, the names of the songs Axl writes doesn't really have to make any sense really... I'd like to hear a song called This I Love and it would be a hard-rocking song, something you'd never expect, that's so cool, and also... Out Ta Get Me maybe makes just as much sense as This I love :P

even though Out Ta Get Me is just so fucking cool name

I was just thinking about the song recently and remember reading that Axl stated somewhere that this song is his heaviest song (lyrically I assume) he ever wrote. We know that up to now November Rain has been Axl's most precious baby, but with the rumour of This I Love...which does somewhat sound like a name of a really complex intense ballad, I have a vibe that he may push out November Rain from the setlist for a more superior even more complex ballad. If this song is true and is in the context it is assumed to be in, it would be very nice change and to retire an old ballad with a fresh new better one.

^This is why that Fucking Album needs to come out.

A8R

I am enjoying it. If you knew anything about me you'd know I saw them 4 times in the period of 3 weeks and they were the best 4 nights of my life.

But I also think there's a lot of room for improvement, and since the topic creator mentioned the notion of dropping November Rain, which I happened to agree with, I voiced my opinion.

Sensible response - And I happen to agree with both you and the original poster in regards to NR being dropped. My feeling is that if Axl's got something better in the same vein, he should drop the 10 mins that NR takes up and replace it with something new.

I'm not a fan of November Rain, so I'd actually be happy to see it go.

Taking November Rain out of the setlist is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Agree :xmasssanta:

I´m very curious to listen to that song too. I also read the comments of it being one of the heaviest songs Axl has written and I don´t know, but I have the feeling it´s going to be one of that songs that make you shiver :) . I sometimes try to imagine how it will sound, whether it will be a piano ballad or more rocker...etc. I guess we´ll have to wait untill CD is released to kill the doubts.

get on board or FUCK OFF

seriously dude, suck, suck, suck, suck, suck, that's ALL you do.

It's gonna be funny that after the CD is released, and the band goes on a supporting tour, that the setlist remains the same. :rofl-lol:

And Estranged sucks.

Seriously, go comment on a VH1 special if you think Estranged sucks.

Taking November Rain off the setlist isn't that crazy. If they are going to add a new ballad or two then they will probably take one off. Like it or not, when they add new stuff to the setlist they are going to have to remove some pretty popular songs.

I'd gladly give up November Rain and KOHD if I could hear Catcher in the Rye and This I Love.

But that thing about TIL being The Blues is pretty interesting. Any clues pointing to that?

Edited by KBear

Axl talked about This I Love in 1993. It's an old song. Who knows if it will be on the album ?

November Rain was an "old song" when it was on the the illusion album! There are demos from late 80's floating around.

yeah, there was an aucoustic 4 1/2 minute version, and like a 10 minute all piano version among the Appetite demos. The song was probably re-written dozens of times from '86 until it hit the album in '91

Bottom line, do we know this song "This I Love" still exists? its probably been re-written and maybe even re-titled a bunch of times, since Axl is so damn picky with these songs.

plus i assumed Madagascar was going to be his 'baby" off the new album..

It says on gnrsource.com that "This I Love" could also be "The Blues" but I don't know what the source is. I don't take it too seriously since I've never heard anyone mention that, but it's an interesting thought.

Yes, I heard that also. :unsure:

But another thing I heard is, that the unknown song, which can be found on one of the Ultra Rare Tracks bootlegs and which is in the background of the Estranged Making Of, is This I Love. :unsure:

Edited by Iceman24

I have no idea what the lyrics are going to be for This I Love, but I hope they start out something like this:

This I love and all above

With a woman in tow

I don't seem to know

Who to trust too much

This I love, the world to see

And I don't recall

just where I'll be

better be you and meeeeeaoooowwww..

Hey, hey, HEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyaaaayyyy

Ohhhh, noooooooooo......

Hey, HEY, Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooowwwwww....

No, Oh, Oh, Oh....you betta' go...........

YOWZAH!!! B*tch! <----OK, OK, forget that part. Maybe live performances only? :rolleyes: